The Student Room Group

Missing entry requirements to study finance at uni

I want to study finance at Loughborough uni. The entry requirements to get in are AAB. My predicted grades are ABB,
just wondering if that means I have to find another uni or if there is a still a chance for me to apply for Loughborough.

I don't do traditional A levels when it comes to studying finance but I've put a lot of necessary activities and projects outside of school to help boost my application.

AS LEVEL:
Maths B
Chem-B
Bio-C
Hopefully predicted to get ABB!!

Thanks in advance:smile:
Original post by Steven nguyen
I want to study finance at Loughborough uni. The entry requirements to get in are AAB. My predicted grades are ABB,
just wondering if that means I have to find another uni or if there is a still a chance for me to apply for Loughborough.

I don't do traditional A levels when it comes to studying finance but I've put a lot of necessary activities and projects outside of school to help boost my application.

AS LEVEL:
Maths B
Chem-B
Bio-C

You would stand a good chance of getting an offer. That offer would almost certainly be AAB. If you accepted it you would have to get those grades or hope Loughborough would be lenient if you fell a grade or two short?
Original post by ageshallnot
You would stand a good chance of getting an offer. That offer would almost certainly be AAB. If you accepted it you would have to get those grades or hope Loughborough would be lenient if you fell a grade or two short?

Thank you for responding to me!! I just also wanted to ask how some people get lower offers than the entry requirement ( e.g AAB entry requirement but they get offers at BBB), is it their predicted grades are very high, their personal statement was good (excluding contextual offers conditions) or if the uni felt lenient.
Is there any way for uni to give offers lower than entry requirements for me? If not then that's fine

Thank you so much for helping me:smile:
Thank you for responding to me!! I just also wanted to ask how some people get lower offers than the entry requirement ( e.g AAB entry requirement but they get offers at BBB), is it their predicted grades are very high, their personal statement was good (excluding contextual offers conditions) or if the uni felt lenient.
Is there any way for uni to give offers lower than entry requirements for me? If not then that's fine

Thank you so much for helping me:smile:

Usually because of contextual factors such as going to a poor school or living in a deprived area.

AS LEVEL:
Maths B
Chem-B
Bio-C

Hiya m8 i am currently in the same situation thinking about my requirements needed for Uni and how im a little off. Hopefully we both pull through and get in to our desired Unis

Quick Reply