The Student Room Group

about credit transfer

Hello there
This query for my wife who is currently studying dentistry in a renown dental college in Bangladesh, Asia. She would like to transfer her credit here in the UK and finish her study and want to do a higher degree in dentistry. I am currently doing IMBA here in the UK and want to bring my wife here.
Is there anyone here who can help us with this. we would be really grateful.
Thanks.
Original post by MD. Rahman
Hello there
This query for my wife who is currently studying dentistry in a renown dental college in Bangladesh, Asia. She would like to transfer her credit here in the UK and finish her study and want to do a higher degree in dentistry. I am currently doing IMBA here in the UK and want to bring my wife here.
Is there anyone here who can help us with this. we would be really grateful.
Thanks.

I suspect that will be impossible. Not only are dental places capped in the UK, the number of overseas students is also capped, so vacancies for transfers only arise of someone drops out of the course.

It's highly unlikely that any medical course will accept credit transfers. Your wife would have to apply through UCAS from the start of the course. It's a few years since I was involved, but I suspect there are only something like 20 or so places for overseas students across the UK.

A Dentist might be along to correct me though?
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
I suspect that will be impossible. Not only are dental places capped in the UK, the number of overseas students is also capped, so vacancies for transfers only arise of someone drops out of the course.

It's highly unlikely that any medical course will accept credit transfers. Your wife would have to apply through UCAS from the start of the course. It's a few years since I was involved, but I suspect there are only something like 20 or so places for overseas students across the UK.

A Dentist might be along to correct me though?

Thanks for your kind information. what is the admission procedure for the postgraduation dental courses? if know then please help me. Thanks
Original post by MD. Rahman
Thanks for your kind information. what is the admission procedure for the postgraduation dental courses? if know then please help me. Thanks

There's no central process for postgraduate applications, like UCAS for undergraduate. You have to go to each university you are interested in and look up their individual process.
Hi... this is Sharmin, wife of Mr.Rahman.I want to add that I trapped into study gap due to my severe sickness.I was diagnosed with a rare congenital disorder( Complete Intestinal Malrotation )and I had gone through a major sugery during last year, which was done by a renowned surgeon of USA and surgery was done in Egypt.For study gap now I want to do credit transfer in UK as my husband is there. And here the treatment of my condition is not satisfactory too because doctors here are not enough experienced about this issue.So living here is such a big risk for me now.For all these issues I want to move from here. Please help us by thinking about these points. Hope will get something positive. Thank you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest