The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Accommodation

I got into Lancaster as my insurance choice but haven’t heard back from them yet. I haven’t had an email from them at all. I’ve seen people get their accommodation and college already as well as people who went through clearing get their accommodation. I submitted my accommodation application on the 5th of June. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by tea.michelle
I got into Lancaster as my insurance choice but haven’t heard back from them yet. I haven’t had an email from them at all. I’ve seen people get their accommodation and college already as well as people who went through clearing get their accommodation. I submitted my application on the 5th of June. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?

I'm the exact same, confirmed Lancaster as my insurance and although I did my accommodation options a few months ago I haven't heard anything. I got a welcome letter in the post, and it said the cut off date for finding out was yesterday but I still hadn't heard anything. I messaged the uni on twitter and they got back to me saying they're still processing offers for accommodation so we should find out soon, but to call the undergrad accomodation office if needed. ( Tel: 01524 594910, Email: [email protected]). I've been worried about it to so hope I've helped.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by elliec18
I'm the exact same, confirmed Lancaster as my insurance and although I did my accommodation options a few months ago I haven't heard anything. I got a welcome letter in the post, and it said the cut off date for finding out was yesterday but I still hadn't heard anything. I messaged the uni on twitter and they got back to me saying they're still processing offers for accommodation so we should find out soon, but to call the undergrad accomodation office if needed. ( Tel: 01524 594910, Email: [email protected]). I've been worried about it to so hope I've helped.

Thank you, this is very reassuring! They said exactly the same to me when I tweeted them too. I’m just worried about not getting one of my preferences or getting off campus accommodation.. I guess we’ll just have to keep waiting 😭
You had a UCAS confirmation?
Original post by random_matt
You had a UCAS confirmation?

Yep, it says so on track and I’ve had emails from UCAS/UCAS Ideas about uni
Yep, it says so on track and I’ve had emails from UCAS/UCAS Ideas about uni

Nothing to worry about then, I'll assume you have done the application for accommodation, if so, you will just have to wait I'm afraid.
Reply 6
Thank you, this is very reassuring! They said exactly the same to me when I tweeted them too. I’m just worried about not getting one of my preferences or getting off campus accommodation.. I guess we’ll just have to keep waiting 😭

Yeah me too, I really want an en-suite too but it's looking unlikely. What course are you doing?
Hey guys,
Accommodation is so super busy and it appears that people without secured accommodation have heard back already (mostly people through clearing). If you have any questions at all, please let me know!
Charlotte :smile:
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
dw i firmed lancaster and haven't been told my accomodation
Original post by elliec18
Yeah me too, I really want an en-suite too but it's looking unlikely. What course are you doing?

Same, I applied for an en suite too but idk if I'll get it at this rate :frown:. Anyhoo, I'll be doing physics, and you?
Original post by Deliciate
dw i firmed lancaster and haven't been told my accomodation

I'm just hoping that they've sorted everything and that it's just a matter of updating the applications/giving out the offers so fingers crossed and hopefully we'll hear back soon :/
Same, I applied for an en suite too but idk if I'll get it at this rate :frown:. Anyhoo, I'll be doing physics, and you?

Ah nice, I'm going to be doing law. Well good luck, I hope accommodation works out for you!
I'm just hoping that they've sorted everything and that it's just a matter of updating the applications/giving out the offers so fingers crossed and hopefully we'll hear back soon :/

yeah i'm sure it'll be fine :smile: naturally it's gonna take some time because theyre trying to allocate based on preferences and there is a lot of students to process (especially with the addition of clearing)!
Update: I finally received my accommodation this afternoon! I’ve been given a superior en suite in Cartmel - not my first choice but thank god it’s en suite!
same! got basic ensuite @ bowland which was my first choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending