lightningbladex4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am in a dilemma in choosing my A levels.It is between chemistry,math and further math or chemistry,math and physics.My university of choice has only specified in wanting chemistry and math.I know that i don't want to do 4 A levels.The reason for physics is because it is closely related to the degree.The reason for further math is because it will simplify normal math and i also would prefer it to physics.Any advice would be appreciated.
National Extension College
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lightningbladex4)
I am in a dilemma in choosing my A levels.It is between chemistry,math and further math or chemistry,math and physics.My university of choice has only specified in wanting chemistry and math.I know that i don't want to do 4 A levels.The reason for physics is because it is closely related to the degree.The reason for further math is because it will simplify normal math and i also would prefer it to physics.Any advice would be appreciated.
It seems to me that you've already made up your mind to do Chemistry, Further Maths and Physics. However, Further Maths is more advanced than Maths so this is something you will have to take into consideration. This is entirely down to your personal ability.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
lightningbladex4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by National Extension College)
It seems to me that you've already made up your mind to do Chemistry, Further Maths and Physics. However, Further Maths is more advanced than Maths so this is something you will have to take into consideration. This is entirely down to your personal ability.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
you are right.I think i will just wait until i go back to school to decide because my grade in physics might decide whether i do it.Also i will be able to speak to my teachers about it.You have successfully eased my mind.
emilybond:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lightningbladex4)
I would also be careful because some uni's don't see further maths as a full subject when taken with maths everyone I know takes it as a fourth subject so if you were only doing three you would be better to do chem, maths and physics - but if you email the admissions at each uni and ask if they count further maths as a full third subject they will tell you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed