The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes we all agree OP needs to do her research frankly its quite embarrassing but its not right for "midget" to patronise her and i think we can both agree she probably didn't even know that barristers may work at law firms.

Christ the arrogance on this forum is astounding even with my a*s i suffer impostor syndrome.
@echelp123 In my previous comment I meant that students should not obsess about the magic circle when there are plenty of other excellent firms. I believe this especially important when one looks at how fierce competition for them is. Peace out
Original post by MidgetFever
Right, and belittling someone that's "belittling" someone is really going to get you somewhere.

Also, what has not completing A-levels got to do with anything? I'm a law student at university, so if anything I'm studying beyond that at the moment.

You don't really learn either way though do you?
Not really. A levels are important for law.

p.s you can't really be beyond something if you haven't completed it especially given that most firms want A levels.
PRSOM.
I accidentally spat out my coffee a little. :lol:
I haven't secured either but I don't like seeing comments discouraging people from applying to the top firms. You really are immature but your comments are just annoying.
You spend your life on a forum speaking to teenagers when you clearly couldn't secure a MC training contract. what a pity.

theres nothing to compete with a boring entj
Original post by echelp123
I don't like seeing comments discouraging people from applying to the top firms.

You literally just told me that my Access grades pretty much aren't going to get me anywhere.

So which is it, are you a white knight or an egotist? :lol:
PRSOM.
I accidentally spat out my coffee a little. :lol:

Honestly I'll be bitterly honest with you - theres absolutely no way you will secure any sort of training contract because 1) you didnt do A levels 2) your university isn't highly ranked.

Best of luck though.
You literally just told me that my Access grades pretty much aren't going to get me anywhere.

So which is it, are you a white knight or an egotist? :lol:

Yes they aren't because its objectively the truth.
Yeah, 'cause that's what OP was referring to.

I love to teach either way.
Honestly I'll be bitterly honest with you - theres absolutely no way you will secure any sort of training contract because 1) you didnt do A levels 2) your university isn't highly ranked.

Best of luck though.

I've done first year schemes and spoken to some of the recruiters about my situation already, the majority of them said that if I perform well throughout my degree then I shouldn't have a problem securing a TC.

If I didn't have much hope then I'd very much doubt I'd be accepted onto these schemes in the first place.
Its not arrogant to speak the truth. I'm surprised somebody of your old age isn't as blunt with her as I am - i guess its because of your strange entj ways.
The cliquishness of this forum is pretty annoying, I must confess. Everyone jumps in on it like a package of teenage lasses on the blob and clicking fingers like some sassy bishes.
Crumbs the tension in this thread escalated quickly
I've done first year schemes and spoken to some of the recruiters about my situation already, the majority of them said that if I perform well throughout my degree then I shouldn't have a problem securing a TC.

If I didn't have much hope then I'd very much doubt I'd be accepted onto these schemes in the first place.

since when did first year schemes = securing a training contract?

If you're actually in touch with reality care to read the following: my cousin reads law at oxford and she knows people who are having a hard time securing any sort of contract yet you believe because you've achieved a first (most people have good academics) and somebody said "you won't have a problem securing a training contract" you'll be alright?

my lawd goodnight you've given me a fever.
The fresh air will be good for your health.
Original post by Notoriety
The cliquishness of this forum is pretty annoying, I must confess. Everyone jumps in on it like a package of teenage lasses on the blob and clicking fingers like some sassy bishes.

How rich coming from you. Theres a well known law "clique" on here and that involves yourself, johan, midget and annoying lady jaimie so stop being hypocritical.
How rich coming from you. Theres a well known law "clique" on here and that involves yourself, johan, midget and annoying lady jaimie so stop being hypocritical.

Does it ****e.
(Original post by echelp123)since when did first year schemes = securing a training contract?

If you're actually in touch with reality care to read the following: my cousin reads law at oxford and she knows people who are having a hard time securing any sort of contract yet you believe because you've achieved a first (most people have good academics) and somebody said "you won't have a problem securing a training contract" you'll be alright?

my lawd goodnight you've given me a fever.
I didn't say first year schemes mean I'll secure a TC, I said I spoke about my situation regarding TC's. You're insinuating that.

I'm not breezing through it like it's going to be easy, and if it came across like that then I apologise. I know competition is fierce and I'm prepared for that. That doesn't mean I'm going to be discouraged from applying just because I didn't do A-levels. I just find it funny how you don't want to be discouraging and yet that's totally what you're doing.
So just to clarify midget did you do an Access course rather than A levels?

Latest

Trending

Trending