LeeTae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For my A-Levels I didn't do well at all but I got offered a foundation degree in Maths at my firm. I'm going uni this year since I accepted that option.

I was wondering if I could retake my Maths and further maths A-Levels in summer 2020 but just the pure modules. (I did the new spec ) . I would have to balance everything but since I'm doing foundation year and it's all maths I'm not too worried about not having time.
So my questions are:
Would I be able to retake just the modules I want or would I have to do the whole of it again?
Can I just do the exams at a school centre as a private candidate without having to take an online course or any- just do the exam next summer?
Is my best bet calling up the exam boards and discussing it with them?

Thank you
National Extension College
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LeeTae)
For my A-Levels I didn't do well at all but I got offered a foundation degree in Maths at my firm. I'm going uni this year since I accepted that option.

I was wondering if I could retake my Maths and further maths A-Levels in summer 2020 but just the pure modules. (I did the new spec ) . I would have to balance everything but since I'm doing foundation year and it's all maths I'm not too worried about not having time.
So my questions are:
Would I be able to retake just the modules I want or would I have to do the whole of it again?
Can I just do the exams at a school centre as a private candidate without having to take an online course or any- just do the exam next summer?
Is my best bet calling up the exam boards and discussing it with them?

Thank you
As an online distance learning college, we take on students who are looking to resit in a year so it is possible. In terms of exam centres, we work with partnership exam centres to guarantee our students a place which is sometimes difficult for a private candidate. It also isn't usually possible to resit specific modules but this could depend on your exam board. If you would like to talk to our Course Advice team, please email [email protected] or message me on TSR.

Best wishes,
Charlotte
meowoof
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would be the point in this? If you're going to university, you have the chance to move on from you A Levels, and invest your effort into a degree. A degree which will ultimately be far more meaningful than your A Levels.

If it's really that important to you, I'm sure you could manage it, the first year of uni tends not to be hugely academically demanding. However, you'll also be coming to terms with a huge change in your life, and might find yourself too distracted to invest your time in something that you don't need to do.
dking2001
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wondering why you would need to do this. A level grades will not be a factor moving forwards as a good degree will be far more important when you come to apply for jobs.
LeeTae
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by meowoof)
What would be the point in this? If you're going to university, you have the chance to move on from you A Levels, and invest your effort into a degree. A degree which will ultimately be far more meaningful than your A Levels.

If it's really that important to you, I'm sure you could manage it, the first year of uni tends not to be hugely academically demanding. However, you'll also be coming to terms with a huge change in your life, and might find yourself too distracted to invest your time in something that you don't need to do.
The reason why I want to retake is the fact that I don't want my A-Level results holding me back for jobs. I looked at some job requirements and some had strong A-Level results as a requirement/ preferred, especially the one second in London.
It's just I feel like if I have a choice to retake it, I should take that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads