The Student Room Group

A-Level Remark Success Stories

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WinterKuma
I would advise against doing 4 A-Levels...

Agreed
Original post by Silurianwarrior
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History
Was undecided between Architetcure and Phys Nat Sci but p
Opted for Architecture in the end.
And thank you!
If you’re planning to take Physics, Maths is pretty much essential and they go hand in hand.
What uni course are you thinking of?

I am hoping to be an astrophysicist but I feel it's hard to get a job in that however I also love aerospace engineering so I am planing on taking physics maths and either chemistry or further maths I am just worried that further maths would be too complex for me. I hope you do well as an architect.
Anyone know how long OCR remarks take? 2 marks away from an A in bio and my place depends on it 😭😭
Original post by medical.dad
Anyone know how long OCR remarks take? 2 marks away from an A in bio and my place depends on it 😭😭

I hope you get it!!
Original post by Rae5
I am hoping to be an astrophysicist but I feel it's hard to get a job in that however I also love aerospace engineering so I am planing on taking physics maths and either chemistry or further maths I am just worried that further maths would be too complex for me. I hope you do well as an architect.

Ahh, I feel as though Further Maths would be pretty useful then for you!
Sure, it’s complex. It’s Further Maths! But I did it in 8 months in Y13 and got an A.
100% doable! I’d say it’d make your uni application far more competitive!
Original post by Rae5

I wouldn't say further maths is any harder than normal maths. If anything, it's easier as normal maths requires problem solving but you can fly further maths by just learning the methods off the textbooks. That's what I did anyway :smile:
Original post by ForeverYoungx
I’m 3 and 1 mark away from the next grade! I’ve requested a remark too. Just hoping it changes tho 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Just to say son woke up to AABB on results day so missing his Oxford offer. After remarks he ended up with A*AAB so it does happen. Ocr took ages. Luckily Oxford decided they liked him so we did not need to wait that long. Goodluck you lot!
Should i have a remark?
It's for physics.
2/3 papers are middle A's and one is very low B, 1 more mark lost and it's C which looks odd...
So i'm 9 marks away from the A, exam board AQA.
Paper 1 involved a lot of writing instead of maths so i might have a chance, but 9 marks thou is quite a lot.
But i got a long streak of A/A* in all my previous past papers i did (20 for sure).
However i got the offer from my firm.
(I took them as a private candidate, so to see copy or anything else on those lines costs nearly the same as for a remark).
Original post by Scotney
Just to say son woke up to AABB on results day so missing his Oxford offer. After remarks he ended up with A*AAB so it does happen. Ocr took ages. Luckily Oxford decided they liked him so we did not need to wait that long. Goodluck you lot!

Which A-Level went up a grade?
Original post by Scotney

This year? Last year?
What subjects?
And thank you!
GeographyA to A*
BiologyB to A
Year 2015
Has anyone had a successful re-grade from a remark?

I'm having one of my maths (Edexcel) papers remarked and I don't know what to do to keep my misery away while waiting for the results. I'm 3 marks off an A* and my firm has already rejected me. Have never gotten below 70 in any of my maths mocks and this paper that I'm having remarked I got 62 :/

I know that marks can go down or stay the same especially with maths but I'm hoping against hope that they have missed a page or miscalculated...

I'm getting my further maths remarked, also Edexcel. It is 1 mark off from an A grade which made me miss my firm offer, hopefully, it goes up but I'm not too optimistic and I hate the wait too.
Original post by Rae5

I took 4 a levels only so the uni would give me a "lower offer", so it was A*AAA. I believe achieving an A is much easier than getting A*s as it could be a jump of 20 marks from B to A but like a jump of 50 marks from A to A* just like in this years Maths (Edexcel). I attained A*AAB, got a B in further maths, 1 mark off an A but I just wasn't up to it on the exam day and flopped my last exam, but overall further maths isn't as complex as people may believe and I think you should pick that option.
Original post by Silurianwarrior
History and Physics
Hoping they go up to an A, very much doubt it.
Sciences hardly ever increase and History very rarely increases for people. Can only try tbh
Ended up with A*ABB. Firm offer is currently pending and waiting on remarks

Hi please let me know how you go on with history as I’m looking at getting mine remarked as I got a B and was gutted as never got below an A in mocks and 39/40 in coursework. How many marks were you off?
Original post by georgiaconway
Hi please let me know how you go on with history as I’m looking at getting mine remarked as I got a B and was gutted as never got below an A in mocks and 39/40 in coursework. How many marks were you off?

Hi,
Assuming you’re on AQA (I did Option HS), you?
I was 10 marks off an A and and scored unusually low in my two papers.
Got 40/40 for the NEA (A*) and was also predicted an A*.
To my recollection, the exams went well - definitely not A* standard but I thought I’d written strong essays that would’ve warranted an A at the least, so to see a B was really surprising.
Yesterday, found out my scripts are being obtained first as my exams officer has decided not to priority remark as I’m too far off the A - 10 marks is a lot to gain.
I think it’s best, I’m going to go over them and see if I overestimated my performance or if the examiner was too harsh - that way I won’t be wasting my own money.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JCIM
So upset, I got AAB and missed my offer from UCL. I was getting A/A* in all my politics homework but came out with a B?? 11 marks off, sent all papers for priority remark 🤞🏼

I also sent mine for a remark 😪
Original post by JCIM
So upset, I got AAB and missed my offer from UCL. I was getting A/A* in all my politics homework but came out with a B?? 11 marks off, sent all papers for priority remark 🤞🏼

Hey, I also missed my UCL offer! What course is this for and is UCL aware of your remark? I harassed them with emails after countless failed phone call attempts haha. Good luck to both of us!
Original post by ForeverYoungx
I also sent mine for a remark 😪

Which course at UCL?
Which course at UCL?

HPE! But I’ve secured a place, just waiting on remarks because I was close!
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m getting my Law A-Level remarked - worked at an A* quality for 2 years and achieved a B, 4 marks off. I’ve sent 2 exams away. I am also getting Physics remarked, need 3 marks for a B so I sent off all 3 exams. Hope they come back fast, my firm may accept me then.

Quick Reply

Latest