The Student Room Group

woodhouse or ashmole

Results day is in two days and I still cant decide between woodhouse college and ashmole sixth form. I really need help with the positives and negatives of both sixth forms please help

Scroll to see replies

Heyyyy
Omg I wanna go Woodhouse as well
It’s a decision between a college and a sixth form....
So it depends on who u r and wat u wanna be

Woodhouse is like very independent and it’s like in the middle of secondary to uni whereas sixth form is like secondary coz u have that support you’ve always had and it’s kind of cozy and at home I would say to college (if that makes sense)
Woodhouse ur left on ur own I would say

There is a YT vid on sixth form vs college by Lydia Violeta watch that
And hopefully it helps
Reply 2
@Sannah 21 thank u so much I think I will go to woodhouse as well but Im so scared that I wont be able to make any friends cos I have social anxietyyy
Original post by viloya
@Sannah 21 thank u so much I think I will go to woodhouse as well but Im so scared that I wont be able to make any friends cos I have social anxietyyy

Omggggg me tooooooooooo
Omg IF I get into Woodhouse we can be friends !!
Omg I have anxiety every time I go out especially bout my body and wat others think of me...

I have no idea wat my grades will be like but if I get in
Ahhhh that’ll be amazing!!!!! I’ll let u k !!
Reply 4
@Sannah 21 omggggg can we be best friends if we both get into woodhouse and did you get conditional offer btw
Original post by viloya
@Sannah 21 omggggg can we be best friends if we both get into woodhouse and did you get conditional offer btw

I go on the waiting list....
So once I get my results I’m going straight there vos they sent me a form I have to give them
IF I get the grades 😬😬😬😬
Original post by viloya

Yh best friends!!!! If u k we see each other and like each other
Like u k if the friendship works
U k
Reply 7
@Sannah 21hopefully we’ll both get the grades and go to woodhouse I’ll let you know on results dayyy!! and I wish you the best on results day, good luckk
Original post by viloya
@Sannah 21hopefully we’ll both get the grades and go to woodhouse I’ll let you know on results dayyy!! and I wish you the best on results day, good luckk

Thanks!!!!!!
Byeee
U toooo
Reply 10
Original post by Sannah 21
Thanks!!!!!!
Byeee

byeeeee
Original post by viloya
Results day is in two days and I still cant decide between woodhouse college and ashmole sixth form. I really need help with the positives and negatives of both sixth forms please help

I’m planning to go woodhouse too and I really like how they set you up for independence and all the staff seem very friendly. On the taster day, there were a lot of people from different schools and were all willing to talk and make new friends because everyone was in the same boat. I don’t know anything about ashmole tbh but some of my friends wanna go there and say it’s good. It’s really up to you and what grades you get tbh. Good luck for results day!
Do you guys know if ur gonna get in Woodhouse?
Coz u k how they have strict or high requirements....
Like have been having high grades all throughout the yr?
Do you guys know if ur gonna get in Woodhouse?
Coz u k how they have strict or high requirements....
Like have been having high grades all throughout the yr?

I’ve gotten a conditional offer from woodhouse so as long as I achieve the grade requirements I’m sure I’ll get in (fingers crossed). And yeah, throughout the year I’ve been getting 7-9s and I’m predicted the same so hopefully my GCSEs actually reflect that. Hbu? What subjects are you planning to take?
Original post by bleh_bleh
I’ve gotten a conditional offer from woodhouse so as long as I achieve the grade requirements I’m sure I’ll get in (fingers crossed). And yeah, throughout the year I’ve been getting 7-9s and I’m predicted the same so hopefully my GCSEs actually reflect that. Hbu? What subjects are you planning to take?

That’s great!
I’m planning to take Business, Psychology and Spanish
Umm I my grades would range from 4/5 -8 sooo Yh ok ish
But urghhh I would always get 5 in the englishes and maths and I just have to get 6 to get into Woodhouse!
The subjects I wanna do... I did them in GCSE and I’m confident about them except maybe not psychology....
I just Hope I get 6 or above maybe 7 or 8 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

U know we have to get an average of 6 (if doing 3 a levels) in 8 GCSES
Wish I get it!!!!!
Hope we all get in!!!!
Wbu?
That’s great!
I’m planning to take Business, Psychology and Spanish
Umm I my grades would range from 4/5 -8 sooo Yh ok ish
But urghhh I would always get 5 in the englishes and maths and I just have to get 6 to get into Woodhouse!
The subjects I wanna do... I did them in GCSE and I’m confident about them except maybe not psychology....
I just Hope I get 6 or above maybe 7 or 8 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

U know we have to get an average of 6 (if doing 3 a levels) in 8 GCSES
Wish I get it!!!!!
Hope we all get in!!!!

Yeah I hope we all get at least 6s and above. Good luck for results day!

And I’m planning to take maths, rs and geography
Yeah I hope we all get at least 6s and above. Good luck for results day!

And I’m planning to take maths, rs and geography

Cool! Nice combo like mine
But it’s good to take subjects u like and enjoy u k
Even if they aren’t related

Omg u k on Woodhouse website it says they give abit of priority or accept offers with courses that are a range like are a mix if u get wat I mean
Not like maths physics chemistry or further maths
Cool! Nice combo like mine
But it’s good to take subjects u like and enjoy u k
Even if they aren’t related

Omg u k on Woodhouse website it says they give abit of priority or accept offers with courses that are a range like are a mix if u get wat I mean
Not like maths physics chemistry or further maths

Yep I love all the subjects I chose and after the taster day I’m sure I’ll like studying them in college as well.
And I didn’t know about the priority thing but that’s cool for us. It might be because the sciences are always very popular so they’ll be more full compared to humanities subjects but nonetheless that’s good for us!
Yep I love all the subjects I chose and after the taster day I’m sure I’ll like studying them in college as well.
And I didn’t know about the priority thing but that’s cool for us. It might be because the sciences are always very popular so they’ll be more full compared to humanities subjects but nonetheless that’s good for us!

Yaaay!
Omgg can’t wait 😊
Like u k I’m acc excited
I just wanna see it rn!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending