The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Fairy lights at uni?

Are we allowed to bring plug in or battery fairy lights? I know some unis don’t allow plug in as it’s a fire hazard.
I’ll be staying in founders
Most unis will give you a list of what you can and cannot bring , or you can always phone admin or porters lodge.

Failing that take them and ask older students whether you can use them. If not, just leave them in their box
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by jannath20
Are we allowed to bring plug in or battery fairy lights? I know some unis don’t allow plug in as it’s a fire hazard.

Read the accommodation terms and conditions, specifically section 13.6. Presmuably your fairy lights are LEDs, so I doubt they consume significant power. You should be fine as long as they passed their safety & QC checks.
Original post by jannath20

Hi jannath20,

Unfortunately we ask that people do not bring fairy lights to their halls of residence. However there will be lots of other ways to decorate your room in Founder's, with your room's cork board and our regular plant and posters stalls at the Students Union.
You can find our recommended list of what and what not to bring here.

Hope this helps,

Philippa :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending