Trump cancels meeting with Danish PM over refusal to sell Greenland Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good lord this man child has thin skin, I mean it’s not a revelation but should be reiterated.
I am mildly curious as to how he thought he could afford this though? Last time I checked America was up to its eyeballs in debt and I doubt buying one of the largest islands in the world would be overly cheap

Trump CANCELS meeting with Danish PM after she refuses to discuss selling Greenland https://www.rt.com/news/466935-trump...nmark-meeting/
ArtmisKco
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
😂😂😂Trump is a fighter and gosh he’s stubborn but he’s a guy that won’t stop and he’ll probably use the money from his own business to buy Greenland than use America’s money from the treasury. But I don’t want him to buy Greenland. He’s probably thinking that because globally warming is increasing so the ice in Greenland will melt so more untouched green land with coal oil and expensive jewels. Most Inuit ppl live there with danish ppl but I don’t want their culture and language to change to English. But trump? He’s a stubborn guy
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
😂😂😂Trump is a fighter and gosh he’s stubborn but he’s a guy that won’t stop and he’ll probably use the money from his own business to buy Greenland than use America’s money from the treasury. But I don’t want him to buy Greenland. He’s probably thinking that because globally warming is increasing so the ice in Greenland will melt so more untouched green land with coal oil and expensive jewels. Most Inuit ppl live there with danish ppl but I don’t want their culture and language to change to English. But trump? He’s a stubborn guy
Trumps business is worth peanuts compared to the cost of such land though..?
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Precisely. He’ll try to get it for cheap
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Precisely. He’ll try to get it for cheap
There’s cheap and what he can afford, that would be about the same as trying to buy loyds of london for a fiver...
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
America does not own the world, Trump should be reminded of that
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hahaha
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One of the lasting legacies of Trump will be the damage he does to political satire.

No matter how absurd Armando Iannucci goes, Trump will have taken it further.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
There’s cheap and what he can afford, that would be about the same as trying to buy loyds of london for a fiver...
Exactly! So he won’t be able to. He couldn’t possibly think that there’s cost on land and the earth!!
Palmyra
Report 1 month ago
This is hilarious even by Trump's standards :lol:
Napp
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
America does not own the world, Trump should be reminded of that
Dont tell him that, he'll throw you in Gitmo!
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
I can't help but notice that this is timed just as Trump is set to reaffirm the authorisation of the NSA's mass data collection, started by Bush and continued by Obama.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateofl...pying-program/

This has happened so many times during Trump's reign. Whenever Trump wants to sign off some controversial policy, he says something retarded about an unrelated thing, and the media who pretend they are holding him to account ignore the policy he has signed in order to go for some easy 'orange man dumb' stories that are the equivalent of political masturbation for its viewers.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
This is hilarious even by Trump's standards :lol:
Yes, although there are some more sinister issues under the surface (literally in some cases) and those are being depicted in the US media accounts of this story. The big powers are increasingly fixated on the Arctic region - the ice is melting, opening up big possibilities for oil and mineral exploitation and for transit of goods via the Arctic regions. The US already has a military base on Greenland, so it would be logical for them in the middle of such competition to seek to expand their presence there.

A particularly cynical aspect of this is that it demonstrates that in private, the Republican leadership and the Trump circles know that the ice is melting and that climate change science is correct, hence this particular land grab. Yet in public they continue to claim it's all made up. This is purely to serve the agendas of their major coal and oil industry donors like the Koch brothers. Their willingness to dupe the public is appalling.

Greenland is to be devoted to profit and military objectives and this one is going to continue. It costs Denmark about $600m a year to sustain Greenland - Trump has offered to take that over. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Trump suddenly send more troops to Greenland without Danish permission. He is increasingly hamstrung in domestic policy, with the Democrats in control of the House, but he can still carry out foreign policy.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You all know that the US bought Alaska from Russia, Louisiana from the French and New Mexico, right? Yeah, it's an absurd idea that only Trump could ever think of...
Last edited by z-hog; 1 month ago
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z-hog)
You all know that the US bought Alaska from Russia, right?
Not really relevant to this since while America bought a lot of land in the 1800s, that's not how global politics is conducted anymore...
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Not really relevant to this since while America bought a lot of land in the 1800s, that's not how global politics is conducted anymore.
You wouldn't find anything that doesn't crucify Trump relevant anyway, what chance do I stand? .
Last edited by z-hog; 1 month ago
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z-hog)
You wouldn't find anything that doesn't crucify Trump relevant to anything anyway, what chance do I stand? .
Well you could start with making posts that weren't absolute garbage defences of overlord orange. Given I dislike white nationalists I will obviously still dislike the Cheeto Benito, but try not suggesting that land grabs of the 19th century should inform politics today, make points where the criticism is of American imperialism as a whole (like the warhawkishness of Hillary and Obama) rather than how he is an embarrassment to the office he holds
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Well you could start with making posts that weren't absolute garbage defences of overlord orange.
I'll leave it at that, no point in reading any further. That's the key when dealing with Trumpophobes and lefties in general, check from the opening line that they haven't broken through their boundaries and ignore all else that follows upon confirmation that they can't.
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z-hog)
You all know that the US bought Alaska from Russia, Louisiana from the French and New Mexico, right? Yeah, it's an absurd idea that only Trump could ever think of...
We also bought New Amsterdam from the Dutch (it having previously been sold by its indigenous guardians). The thing is, buying and selling countries went out of fashion at the end of the Nineteenth Century. Perhaps Trump just hasn't caught up with modern ways of doing things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads