The Student Room Group

Why do I still have feelings for her?

Three years ago there was this girl that I got close with, upon meeting it was as though we had already met before, which we hadn't. We were on the same course together which lasted for three months, during which time I got feelings for her. She always looked me in the eyes, tried to hug me, wanted to get to know me, used to playfully annoy me, but I wasn't exactly Prince Charming to her, I was in a dark place and all I could think about was my ex and her recent success and couldn't focus on this new girl, who told me to forget the past and always told me to believe in myself, she always used to laugh at things I would say. When the course ended, she came into the building where the course was held, I was waiting outside the classroom, she came in and looked at me as though she was upset with me, before she walked into the classroom and said 'good morning' to one of the other people on our course and acted happy. She then left the classroom again and blanked me and went outside, then when she returned she asked why I was waiting outside the classroom, I told her and she just said 'ok' and walked back inside the classroom. Later that day she warmed to me and was back to her cheerful self with me. When we were all saying goodbye, she asked me to hug her, which I did and it went on for a few minutes. Now recently, I began following her on Instagram and she followed me back and has liked a few of my photos, but my question is, we didn't meet for three years and in that time I did think about her sometimes, but why do I still have feelings for somebody I barely know. I have tried to move on, with failure, I've even tried hating her in order for me to get closure, but nothing worked. She is just some girl, yet I still feel a connection between us.

Scroll to see replies

You guys just clicked nobody can explain exactly why do we like someone.The spark was just there so go for it try to have a conversation with her even online and see how the things go if she’s still the same as she was 3 years ago then go for it and of course if you want to progress things with her
Reply 2
Original post by vickkyyx
You guys just clicked nobody can explain exactly why do we like someone.The spark was just there so go for it try to have a conversation with her even online and see how the things go if she’s still the same as she was 3 years ago then go for it and of course if you want to progress things with her

I can't, because firstly I'm a coward, and secondly she won't reply and thirdly, it'll make things awkward.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't, because firstly I'm a coward, and secondly she won't reply and thirdly, it'll make things awkward.

You don’t know that.
And well if you think like that then what do you want from posting this story
She’s probably a bit peed off with you for the way you treated her. She tried more than once to build something and you didn’t reciprocate. She won’t try forever!
Meet her privately and ask to talk. Be open and honest and keep your fingers crossed
A lesson in behaving a little more gentlemanly to everyone in future!
Reply 5
Three years ago there was this girl that I got close with, upon meeting it was as though we had already met before, which we hadn't. We were on the same course together which lasted for three months, during which time I got feelings for her. She always looked me in the eyes, tried to hug me, wanted to get to know me, used to playfully annoy me, but I wasn't exactly Prince Charming to her, I was in a dark place and all I could think about was my ex and her recent success and couldn't focus on this new girl, who told me to forget the past and always told me to believe in myself, she always used to laugh at things I would say. When the course ended, she came into the building where the course was held, I was waiting outside the classroom, she came in and looked at me as though she was upset with me, before she walked into the classroom and said 'good morning' to one of the other people on our course and acted happy. She then left the classroom again and blanked me and went outside, then when she returned she asked why I was waiting outside the classroom, I told her and she just said 'ok' and walked back inside the classroom. Later that day she warmed to me and was back to her cheerful self with me. When we were all saying goodbye, she asked me to hug her, which I did and it went on for a few minutes. Now recently, I began following her on Instagram and she followed me back and has liked a few of my photos, but my question is, we didn't meet for three years and in that time I did think about her sometimes, but why do I still have feelings for somebody I barely know. I have tried to move on, with failure, I've even tried hating her in order for me to get closure, but nothing worked. She is just some girl, yet I still feel a connection between us.

Hey man, i’ve been through the same thing except the opposite way around ( I was the girl ) I know exactly what she was thinking because throughout the time of that day she was confused herself. She kind of had a thing for you and she wanted to see where it would lead to, but quickly got the hint that you’re still keen on your ex. If you still like her I think you should reach out to her as friends and then see where it takes you because you don’t want to destroy what you have or come across too strong
Reply 6
Original post by ash_2002
Hey man, i’ve been through the same thing except the opposite way around ( I was the girl ) I know exactly what she was thinking because throughout the time of that day she was confused herself. She kind of had a thing for you and she wanted to see where it would lead to, but quickly got the hint that you’re still keen on your ex. If you still like her I think you should reach out to her as friends and then see where it takes you because you don’t want to destroy what you have or come across too strong

I came across in the past, which was how I actually wrecked things with my ex. Anyway, this girl never liked me, I'll never believe that. I want to reach out but am just scared of rejection, which is what will happen because it always does with every girl.

You ****ed it the first time.
No one likes knowing that they're second choice especially to an ex.
Um I would say try reach out still, if she doesn't reply that's closure if she does you're all good. Just try reconnect on your mutual interests and try your best not to bring the past up or your ex up.
Reply 8
I came across in the past, which was how I actually wrecked things with my ex. Anyway, this girl never liked me, I'll never believe that. I want to reach out but am just scared of rejection, which is what will happen because it always does with every girl.

hmmm yeah okay , apologies then. I think the best option is to give yourself time to heal. You say that you are scared of rejection which in reality will make you less approachable to a girl and you are more likely to shut them off faster. you need to look after yourself and be satisfied alone before dragging someone else into the picture

Oh.My.God. Stop.
Rejection is better than regret. If you feel strongly for her, I really recommend you go for it. Give it a try.
No, I can't. Because rejection is regret and until the next girl comes along, I'll always be thinking what if.
No, I can't. Because rejection is regret and until the next girl comes along, I'll always be thinking what if.

if you live a life without regret... that's some boring life you got there... go for it! literally, just say "hey"
if you live a life without regret... that's some boring life you got there... go for it! literally, just say "hey"

My mind is always wandering and if she doesn't reply, then I don't think I will ever return to Instagram because it'll always be too awkward. I maybe overthinking this, but the reason I'm nervous is because I sent her a message a few years ago on Facebook and she never replied, so I know the same thing will happen this time.

And you will always be thinking "what if [I had just gone for it]" if you don't make your feelings known. It would be such a shame. Trust me.
My mind is always wandering and if she doesn't reply, then I don't think I will ever return to Instagram because it'll always be too awkward. I maybe overthinking this, but the reason I'm nervous is because I sent her a message a few years ago on Facebook and she never replied, so I know the same thing will happen this time.

Why do you torture yourself like this? It would relieve you if you asked her out, even if you get rejected at least you will stop waiting for her. You really must either pursue a romantic relationship with her or move on.

Does she have a generic name ? You could always ‘accidentally’ msg or tag her in something and then dm her being like “omg sorry haha wrong person” - she’ll reply if she’s interested trust me. Andddd you don’t get embarrassed if she doesn’t reply Casue it’s was ‘never for her anyway’ hahah
Does she have a generic name ? You could always ‘accidentally’ msg or tag her in something and then dm her being like “omg sorry haha wrong person” - she’ll reply if she’s interested trust me. Andddd you don’t get embarrassed if she doesn’t reply Casue it’s was ‘never for her anyway’ hahah

Yeah, but I'll still be in the same boat, I can't do that. I really am a coward and I don't know how to not be one, I can't just message or accidentally tag someone, because rejection is all I've ever known, thanks to my ex, who ruined my self esteem.

Just like a few of her pictures back at first, then leave it a little before messaging her and just say SORRY I HAVEN'T STAYED IN CONTACT WITH YOU SINCE THE COURSE ENDED. I JUST FELT LIKE WE GOT ON REALLY WELL AND I WANTED TO MESSAGE YOU TO SEE HOW YOU WERE DOING AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN BECOME FRIENDS AGAIN. As long as you are over any exs now just try to become her friend and just see where it goes.
Yeah, but I'll still be in the same boat, I can't do that. I really am a coward and I don't know how to not be one, I can't just message or accidentally tag someone, because rejection is all I've ever known, thanks to my ex, who ruined my self esteem.

I don't understand you.
You want her but you're scared of rejection and you somehow want closure?

Listen you ain't going far with that mentality, your ex is the past can't keep dwelling on it cause not everyones the same. Everyone gets rejected some more than others but it shouldn't stop you from trying. Cause believe me if you don't try then the feeling of regret will consume you longer than the feeling of rejection.

**** your ex, grow back your balls and go for it mate.

Like I said before
The difference between a hero and a coward, they're both the same, but it's what the hero does that makes him the hero and what the coward doesn't do that makes him the coward.

Be the hero of your own story.
Just like a few of her pictures back at first, then leave it a little before messaging her and just say SORRY I HAVEN'T STAYED IN CONTACT WITH YOU SINCE THE COURSE ENDED. I JUST FELT LIKE WE GOT ON REALLY WELL AND I WANTED TO MESSAGE YOU TO SEE HOW YOU WERE DOING AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN BECOME FRIENDS AGAIN. As long as you are over any exs now just try to become her friend and just see where it goes.

I've messaged her in the past on Facebook and she never replied, I was told that she rarely uses Facebook, but I knew she had seen it. I can't message her again because I know she won't reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending