The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Uni of Kent freshers 2019

Heyy yep I'm going to Kent to study Law. Wbu? Have you got accommodation?
Had a look at the freshers events and spoke to my friend who graduated from Kent, apparently the club there 'The Venue' is really good so i'm excited :smile:
I’m studying Financial economics, no I don’t have accommodation dation yet because It was my insurance not firm, Wby?🤕yeah I’ve heard the same can’t wait!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Giberelli
I’m studying Financial economics, no I don’t have accommodation dation yet because It was my insurance not firm, Wby?🤕yeah I’ve heard the same can’t wait!

same I haven't yet either cos I applied through clearing. Went for Medicine initially but decided it wasn't for me and made a big change last minute lol. Not expecting a lot since the best rooms have probably gone, but I want to know asap so I can start buying everything.
Original post by sugs_15
same I haven't yet either cos I applied through clearing. Went for Medicine initially but decided it wasn't for me and made a big change last minute lol. Not expecting a lot since the best rooms have probably gone, but I want to know asap so I can start buying everything.

Hey!

You guys should be receiving accommodation offers in the next week or so :smile: If you have a major problem with your accommodation offer, like you can't afford it or want to be in a single gender block, then you can phone up the accommodation office and they'll see how they can help :smile: Don't worry though guys, a lot of people are still waiting on accommodation offers so you're not alone and it'll all get sorted soon!
Reply 4
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey!

You guys should be receiving accommodation offers in the next week or so :smile: If you have a major problem with your accommodation offer, like you can't afford it or want to be in a single gender block, then you can phone up the accommodation office and they'll see how they can help :smile: Don't worry though guys, a lot of people are still waiting on accommodation offers so you're not alone and it'll all get sorted soon!

That's reassuring, thank you! :smile:
Original post by sugs_15
Heyy yep I'm going to Kent to study Law. Wbu? Have you got accommodation?
Had a look at the freshers events and spoke to my friend who graduated from Kent, apparently the club there 'The Venue' is really good so i'm excited :smile:

Heyy, I'm going to Kent to study law too
Reply 6
Hi! What happens if you've accepted accommodation, and realised it wasn't single-gender which you wanted? Can it be changed once I've accepted or not?
Original post by irajg
Hi! What happens if you've accepted accommodation, and realised it wasn't single-gender which you wanted? Can it be changed once I've accepted or not?

Hey,
I just did some research and came across this on the Kent Accommodation FAQs. The page states:

"Due to the heavy demand at the start of the academic year for University accommodation, we regret that applications for room changes are not accepted until early November. Any vacant rooms arising before this date will be offered to any suitable applicants not living on campus, who still need University Accommodation. Any student wishing to apply for a room change must complete the relevant form available at the Accommodation Office Reception Desk in Tanglewood in November.

Please also note that informal exchanges of rooms are not permitted and may result in fines to the accounts of the persons involved.

Room changes in November are not automatically granted, usually due to a lack of suitable vacant rooms, and requests from students living off-campus will still be given priority over room change requests for any vacant rooms.

Please note that there is a charge of £50 to cover the cost of administration and cleaning, once a transfer has been officially agreed, arranged and completed."

I would definitely recommend that you contact the accommodation's team still just to double check and so you can make them aware of your circumstances which will be filed. (Tel: +44 (0)1227 766660)

I hope this helps.
Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Phil
Reply 8
Original post by Student Rep Phil
Hey,
I just did some research and came across this on the Kent Accommodation FAQs. The page states:
Hii]"Due to the heavy demand at the start of the academic year for University accommodation, we regret that applications for room changes are not accepted until early November. Any vacant rooms arising before this date will be offered to any suitable applicants not living on campus, who still need University Accommodation. Any student wishing to apply for a room change must complete the relevant form available at the Accommodation Office Reception Desk in Tanglewood in November.

Please also note that informal exchanges of rooms are not permitted and may result in fines to the accounts of the persons involved.

Room changes in November are not automatically granted, usually due to a lack of suitable vacant rooms, and requests from students living off-campus will still be given priority over room change requests for any vacant rooms.

Please note that there is a charge of £50 to cover the cost of administration and cleaning, once a transfer has been officially agreed, arranged and completed."

I would definitely recommend that you contact the accommodation's team still just to double check and so you can make them aware of your circumstances which will be filed. (Tel: +44 (0)1227 766660)

I hope this helps.
Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Phil

Hi!
Thank you so much for your help, it definitely is of use!
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy, I'm going to Kent to study law too

oh cooll. Have you got accommodation yet?
Reply 10
hi im going to kent & i've received an accommodation offer, what do you do if you can't afford the deposit yet??
Reply 11
Does anyone know any people who went through clearing this year who have actually received accommodation yet?
Reply 12
Original post by Unk0wn
Does anyone know any people who went through clearing this year who have actually received accommodation yet?

i went through clearing and i received my accommodation offer yesterday
Reply 13
Original post by wjnjfs
i went through clearing and i received my accommodation offer yesterday

How did they tell u? also what you get?
Reply 14
Original post by Unk0wn
How did they tell u? also what you get?

i got a classic ensuite, they told me by email :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by wjnjfs
i got a classic ensuite, they told me by email :smile:

cheers, see you in september
Original post by wjnjfs
hi im going to kent & i've received an accommodation offer, what do you do if you can't afford the deposit yet??

Hi there!
If you're worried about any of the financial side of things then I'd recommend contacting the University's accommodation team and also the Income office as they may have some systems in place to help students financially :smile: I'll leave the links to their contact pages below.
Income office (scroll down and their contact info is on the right hand side); https://www.kent.ac.uk/finance-student/contacts/index.html

Accommodation Office; https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/contact/contact-student-accommodation.html
Original post by irajg
Hi!
Thank you so much for your help, it definitely is of use!

Just so you know, they say this every year, but I've seen people switch accomodations around this time last year too. If you have a good reason you're unhappy or are up to arguing a bit they will actually do it sooner too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending