The Student Room Group

Student finance

Do we get paid by student finance for going to university? because I heard from people that we get paid...

Can someone briefly explain this to me I am very confused.
I don't think so
What do you know about student finance?
If I got paid to go to uni I’d be GRINNING my way through man.
Reply 4
Original post by Bandanadude
What do you know about student finance?

Pretty much, that I applied to student finance and I have their letter confirming that I applied to it, so that when I go to my university on enrollment day (23rd of September) I have to show them the letter then my student finance is activated.

That is all I know for now...
Reply 5
Original post by Aaryra
If I got paid to go to uni I’d be GRINNING my way through man.

What is student finance for then, I don't understand **** about it lol.
Original post by NovaChro
Pretty much, that I applied to student finance and I have their letter confirming that I applied to it, so that when I go to my university on enrollment day (23rd of September) I have to show them the letter then my student finance is activated.

That is all I know for now...

You applied for student finance without actually knowing what it is?

Basically, they’re going to pay for your uni course and if you’re moving to lie closer to the uni, they’re going to give you a maintence loan so that you can survive since you’ll be living away from home. Obviously none of these kind are free and you’ll be taxed when you start earning over 25k a year
Reply 7
Original post by Bandanadude
You applied for student finance without actually knowing what it is?

Basically, they’re going to pay for your uni course and if you’re moving to lie closer to the uni, they’re going to give you a maintence loan so that you can survive since you’ll be living away from home. Obviously none of these kind are free and you’ll be taxed when you start earning over 25k a year

Yeah, thanks for your input in this, I talked to student finance via phone yesterday and I am now more knowledgeable about it.

Quick Reply

Latest