The Student Room Group

in love with someone i shouldn't like

I have been in love with this boy for about 5 years; I'm almost 19 so it's been all the way through secondary school. In this time, he has had a couple of other girlfriends; he has a girlfriend at the moment who also happens to be one of my friends. In between girlfriends, he has told me he loved me, that he thinks I am beautiful etc etc on many occasions across the years. Even when I see him now there is an undeniable connection that my other friends have noticed. Last year (before he got with his current gf) he and I kissed at a party. Since then, his gf has been acting cold to me and my other friends have said that she probably thinks Im still a threat. Does this sound plausible?

I should add as well that before they got together, he said he didnt find *girlfriends name* attractive; but still consistently said he thought that i was beautiful. Does it sound like he could have had feelings for me? Could he still? I have also heard from friends that he is always fiercely protective of me when Im not around - more than his other friends - even now!! They have been together for a year but i do not believe he loves her. Should I tell him how I feel before I go to uni?

Please help, I am so conflicted:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have been in love with this boy for about 5 years; I'm almost 19 so it's been all the way through secondary school. In this time, he has had a couple of other girlfriends; he has a girlfriend at the moment who also happens to be one of my friends. In between girlfriends, he has told me he loved me, that he thinks I am beautiful etc etc on many occasions across the years. Even when I see him now there is an undeniable connection that my other friends have noticed. Last year (before he got with his current gf) he and I kissed at a party. Since then, his gf has been acting cold to me and my other friends have said that she probably thinks Im still a threat. Does this sound plausible?

I should add as well that before they got together, he said he didnt find *girlfriends name* attractive; but still consistently said he thought that i was beautiful. Does it sound like he could have had feelings for me? Could he still? I have also heard from friends that he is always fiercely protective of me when Im not around - more than his other friends - even now!! They have been together for a year but i do not believe he loves her. Should I tell him how I feel before I go to uni?

I think you should tell him as if you don't you might regret it in the future
It is his problem and at uni you would find other guys.
Not even that but if he does like you, he should just be plain out honest instead of leading his current gf on.
Reply 4
Original post by luckykitty679
I think you should tell him as if you don't you might regret it in the future

I think so too, thank you
Original post by Discrepancy
Not even that but if he does like you, he should just be plain out honest instead of leading his current gf on.

That is super true.
Reply 6
Original post by Discrepancy

yeah thats true, i wouldnt wanna ruin his relationship but at the same time, theres definitely a connection between us ya know?
yeah thats true, i wouldnt wanna ruin his relationship but at the same time, theres definitely a connection between us ya know?

Tell him then, be honest and if he is like no, just leave it.

If he does like you, then his current relationship was bound to crash from the beginning
Reply 9
Original post by luckykitty679
If he does like you, then his current relationship was bound to crash from the beginning

thats a good point, youre right

you may as well tell him or you may regret it. if your friendship matters to you more though, i wouldn't tell him. he seems kind of manipulative and douchey though and that he likes to play with people's feeling.
you may as well tell him or you may regret it. if your friendship matters to you more though, i wouldn't tell him. he seems kind of manipulative and douchey though and that he likes to play with people's feeling.

he is the loveliest guy ive ever met, i didnt mean to make him sound like a douchebag:/ and tbh my friendship with her has deteriorated recently and i care about him more than her, so yeah i think i might tell him
Why did you two not get together if you knew he was attracted to you when he was single?
Why did you two not get together if you knew he was attracted to you when he was single?

i think we were both too scared to admit it, and we didnt want to ruin our friendship. now that im leaving though, im thinking i should just be honest with him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending