The Student Room Group

Online A-Level Courses

Don't suppose anyone knows of any good online courses?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aaryra

Someone yesterday said they had a good experience with cloud learn.

https://cloudlearn.co.uk/Courses/Online-A-Level-Courses/101
Original post by Aaryra

The National Extension College offer flexible online distance learning A levels with tutor support and interest free payment options available. We are an educational charity offering distance learning courses for over 55 years. Are there particular courses you are interested in taking? You can browse our A level courses here: https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/a-levels/

Best wishes,
Charlotte
Reply 3
II offer cheap online tutoring at £25 per hr for Aqa A level chemistry and biology. I have 2 years of experience and have just achieved A*s in both chemistry and biology
Reply 4
Original post by Aaryra

Just enrolled at NEC through Oxbridge Home Learning, and the course materials seem very in-depth and helpful. The student support at NEC is great too.
Reply 5
Hi! I've just completed 3 online A Levels and I got my results last week. I did them with ICS Distance Learning which was good but it completely depends on you making the most of the help provided by your course teachers - which is asking questions through messages or requesting a phone call. For my English Language A Level there were monthly live interactive web videos for each paper but that wasn't available for my other 2 A Levels. You are given a login with content (much like powerpoints) for each paper/unit, and an examination at the end of each unit marked by your course teacher.

It all honestly depends on whether you want to work hard or not. You're basically teaching yourself EVERYTHING. A Levels in schools are already independent but this is 3x that so you must create yourself a timetable and adhere to it - there is no one chasing you up unless it's for coursework! One advantage is that you can really learn at any hour of the day depending on your schedule.
There are also interest free monthly payments available.
Reply 6
i’ve been using cloudlearn for about a year now and it’s been great overall in terms of course materials, the tutors can be a little slow but they’ve been really helpful when it comes to extra resources and explaining things better :smile:)
Original post by 999tigger
Someone yesterday said they had a good experience with cloud learn.

https://cloudlearn.co.uk/Courses/Online-A-Level-Courses/101

Thank you! I think I'll end up going with them or ICL. It's cheaper than most too which is nice.

Original post by Akp99
II offer cheap online tutoring at £25 per hr for Aqa A level chemistry and biology. I have 2 years of experience and have just achieved A*s in both chemistry and biology

I'd rather do an actual course if ygm but thanks

Original post by Kaurrr
Just enrolled at NEC through Oxbridge Home Learning, and the course materials seem very in-depth and helpful. The student support at NEC is great too.

They say they only mark one past paper for me which is a bit sh*t cause I mainly revise by doing essays!

Original post by dhadid19
Hi! I've just completed 3 online A Levels and I got my results last week. I did them with ICS Distance Learning which was good but it completely depends on you making the most of the help provided by your course teachers - which is asking questions through messages or requesting a phone call. For my English Language A Level there were monthly live interactive web videos for each paper but that wasn't available for my other 2 A Levels. You are given a login with content (much like powerpoints) for each paper/unit, and an examination at the end of each unit marked by your course teacher.

It all honestly depends on whether you want to work hard or not. You're basically teaching yourself EVERYTHING. A Levels in schools are already independent but this is 3x that so you must create yourself a timetable and adhere to it - there is no one chasing you up unless it's for coursework! One advantage is that you can really learn at any hour of the day depending on your schedule.

Great - I'm considering them or CloudLearn. I'll be fast-tracking them and they both seem to be good options for that. I'm definitely willing to do it all, I quite like it being completely flexible. And yep, I'm glad they have interest free instalments, I'll have to do those! Did you submit anything for marking? Is it detailed?

Original post by htmr
i’ve been using cloudlearn for about a year now and it’s been great overall in terms of course materials, the tutors can be a little slow but they’ve been really helpful when it comes to extra resources and explaining things better :smile:)

Thanks - how's marking? Do the tutors do much? Is it detailed?
Decided to go w CloudLearn. ICS doesn't offer one of the courses I want, and CloudLearn seems to be a lil more 'involved'! Thanks for your suggestions.
(edited 4 years ago)
r

Original post by Aaryra

Online school is awful dont go i went for 5 years
If you’re going to do online learning definitely supplement with an in person tutor, nothing can really replace an “in person” guidance of a topic or subject in my experience
Original post by Aaryra
Decided to go w CloudLearn. ICL doesn't offer one of the courses I want, and CloudLearn seems to be a lil more 'involved'! Thanks for your suggestions.

Nevermind, CloudLearn doesn't offer the other. Dunno if I should do one with ICL and the other with CloudLearn.

Original post by ShenChongLee
r

Online school is awful dont go i went for 5 years

5 years?

I'll definitely consider that then!
Reply 12
Its more afford + you get the complete study pack and plan so why waste more money.

Original post by Aaryra
Thank you! I think I'll end up going with them or ICL. It's cheaper than most too which is nice.

I'd rather do an actual course if ygm but thanks

They say they only mark one past paper for me which is a bit sh*t cause I mainly revise by doing essays!

Great - I'm considering them or CloudLearn. I'll be fast-tracking them and they both seem to be good options for that. I'm definitely willing to do it all, I quite like it being completely flexible. And yep, I'm glad they have interest free instalments, I'll have to do those! Did you submit anything for marking? Is it detailed?

Thanks - how's marking? Do the tutors do much? Is it detailed?

Private tutor is more affordable + I give learning pack + plan in advance
Original post by Akp99
Its more afford + you get the complete study pack and plan so why waste more money.

Private tutor is more affordable + I give learning pack + plan in advance

Cause I'd rather learn at my own pace.

I'll consider it, any website in mind?
Reply 14
Original post by Aaryra
Cause I'd rather learn at my own pace.

I'll consider it, any website in mind?

Snaprevise
Original post by Akp99
Snaprevise

Doesn't do religious studies/philosophy
I may try and compile a list of online providers, but it really requires people who have used them to give feedback. Once people have their results they move on but I think feedback would be incredibly valuable for people just beginning.
Original post by 999tigger
I may try and compile a list of online providers, but it really requires people who have used them to give feedback. Once people have their results they move on but I think feedback would be incredibly valuable for people just beginning.

If you end up doing it, I’ll definitely check it out! I agree though, a lot of people who have used to course move on quickly and can’t seem to be bothered to give much feedback.
Original post by Akp99
Snaprevise

Does snap revise cover Edexcel IAL specifications?
Reply 19
Original post by dhadid19

What were your grades and how did you find it overall? I'm curious as someone who is considering paying for a distance learning course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending