The Student Room Group

Where does an average guy go and meet women?

I’ve found dating apps worthless bars and pubs women stick to who they know never met anyone through hobbies cold approaching don’t work

InB4 “you’ll meet someone when you least expect it”—delusional
“Patience is key” gee thanks I haven’t tryed for 5 years at a time before still nothing
“Work on yourself” nothing to work on I have get money have nice things there’s litreally no where to go out and meet people

Life is cruel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Something I don't think you've tried..
[and i'm glad they've removed the neg rep feature or i'd probably be getting some now]

but have you tried sliding into some TSR girls DM's?

I hear some people have met their bf/gf's that way. Even a few who failed at online dating..
Original post by ANM775
[and i'm glad they've removed the neg rep feature or i'd probably be getting some now]

I hear some people have met their bf/gf's that way. Even a few who failed at online dating..

No I haven’t tried that
Original post by ANM775

I feel like only those with exceptional game can pull through TSR
Reply 4
Original post by SuperHuman98
I feel like only those with exceptional game can pull through TSR

With the right strategy It wouldn't be that hard tbh, so long as ones standards are not unresonable ..
How many of these threads have been made in the last month? Genuinely curious, I could count at least 5 in the last week.
It's really not that difficult to meet people. When other guys complain so much about having no luck, it really does make me wonder how unappealing their personality or characteristics must be.

I'm afraid the problem is you. You'll have to somehow change/better yourself because it really isn't that difficult to meet women or get a girlfriend.

Whatever you do, don't come off desperate (as you are in this thread). Focus on being sociable, likeable and interesting. You'll naturally attract people that way. Guys who literally look for a girlfriend come off as waaaay too desperate.
Original post by Quick-use
It's really not that difficult to meet people. When other guys complain so much about having no luck, it really does make me wonder how unappealing their personality or characteristics must be.

I'm afraid the problem is you. You'll have to somehow change/better yourself because it really isn't that difficult to meet women or get a girlfriend.

Whatever you do, don't come off desperate (as you are in this thread). Focus on being sociable, likeable and interesting. You'll naturally attract people that way. Guys who literally look for a girlfriend come off as waaaay too desperate.

Wrong I go into central London all the time there’s no events as I look online bars and pubs are sausage fests full of women who stick to men there’s no where a man can go out alone and meet women I’ve tried I know! Nothing works! And looking for a gf isn’t desperate it’s natural and if you stop looking and find the one (which is completely impossible) same worthless advice I’ve been hearing for a good 7 years what good would that be since I wouldn’t be interested in a girlfriend then trying dont work not trying dont work going out and talking to people don’t work dating apps don’t work must I continue?
You can’t choose your hobbies.... and no women would know I’m on benefits unless she got to know me which is the problem meeting people is impossible and by that time I’d be working I know people with good jobs gym freaks they still struggle with women fam your advice don’t work
So come off benefits that’s more than 700 a month to earn 600 a month have to pay travel dental fees and doctors how is that fixing a problem that’s bloody stupid how judgemental and shallow are you to attack a person who’s entitled to benefits to get off them to be in a worse position just LOL I can work on benefits... only way I’d come off benefits if I was earning 3k a month else it wouldn’t be worth my while in London FAM what your saying ain’t logical in the slightest of the slight
Original post by ANM775
slide into @AngryRedhead 's DM's

She dates women but a sexy beast like you can probably turn her :wink:

Extremely inappropriate.
I mean it’s the same predictable advice
“Get therapy”
“Work in yourself you’ll attract other” like I said completely delusional
“Work in yourself and things will fall into place” no they will not.
“Join a cooking class or yoga class”no thanks no interests
“To go a bar or a pub”—no thanks if I wanted sausages I’d just nip up the road to Tesco
Impossible to meet people these days (thanks social media and IG) as everyone stays in their own little clique and don’t want to be bothered by a stranger who’s not in their social circle it’s insanity I’m not going to try something that I know dosent work how ignorant can you be? To think I haven’t tried that gee
Original post by Anthonyjames998
I’ve found dating apps worthless bars and pubs women stick to who they know never met anyone through hobbies cold approaching don’t work

InB4 “you’ll meet someone when you least expect it”—delusional
“Patience is key” gee thanks I haven’t tryed for 5 years at a time before still nothing
“Work on yourself” nothing to work on I have get money have nice things there’s litreally no where to go out and meet people

Life is cruel

hobby is the best way mate because then you both have a genuine interest in common. Rather than sticking to what you know try getting out of your comfort zone and try something new. Have you tried dance classes? Have you tried cooking?
The second thing is try online dating but multiple apps at once. match.com and eHarmony at the same time. Tinder is usually for casual relationships only though I do know of some success stories. Just give it a shot and try something new. I'm rooting for you OP
Original post by So_Stylish
hobby is the best way mate because then you both have a genuine interest in common. Rather than sticking to what you know try getting out of your comfort zone and try something new. Have you tried dance classes? Have you tried cooking?
The second thing is try online dating but multiple apps at once. match.com and eHarmony at the same time. Tinder is usually for casual relationships only though I do know of some success stories. Just give it a shot and try something new. I'm rooting for you OP

Like I said look at my comment above predictable... advice I told you you couldn’t help me I’m not trying the same things I’ve already tried 100 times already my man dating apps don’t cold approach don’t work. I just came off tinder it’s boring af and dead I even used someone else professionally taken handsome pics still no matches when you get a match they don’t reply
I'm looking for a guy but now I'm seeing this thread it looks like the search is kinda difficult.
Original post by Anthonyjames998
Like I said look at my comment above predictable... advice I told you you couldn’t help me I’m not trying the same things I’ve already tried 100 times already my man dating apps don’t cold approach don’t work. I just came off tinder it’s boring af and dead I even used someone else profe ssionally taken handsome pics still no matches when you get a match they don’t reply

You seem to be quite negative bro. I acknowledge there's a problem. society has made things difficult but if you don't have a positive mindset and try something new, you'll get the same results. So let's start with the basics. what do YOU enjoy doing outside of women?
RIP I’m dead LMAO 😂😂😂
Original post by Quick-use
Extremely inappropriate.

He already is in my DM’s! 😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending