The Student Room Group

GCSE Q&A Facebook live tonight at 7PM - Ask your questions!

Not sure about what to expect tomorrow?

Confused by Grade Boundaries, Results slips or whether you should get a remark?

The infamous @The Learn Ranger and I the miraculous @Evil Homer will be answering all your questions on our annual GCSE results day Facebook Live.

Here's the thread where you can ask all your GCSE results day questions. We'll do our very best to answer every single one in our TSR Facebook Live at 7pm tonight.

See you guys soon :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Thank you! :h:
Reply 2
What advice would you give to students who are scared they may disappoint their parents/family? Or not do as well their friends?
How many marks off the next grade would you say is worth getting a remark?
Would it be worth paying to get my paper back?
Would you advise for or against looking at grade boundaries before getting results tomorrow?

Sorry this was a question overload haha!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Do you have to re-take if you don’t pass, or is it a choice?
What's the best way to decide which A Levels to do?
What options do you have if you fail Maths and English?
How will the results sheet be laid out, like will it be a list of all our subjects with grades and marks?
Do sixth forms take mocks into account if your actual grades don't meet the requirements?
Are the nerves likely to get worse as we walk into school tomorrow?

Sorry that was a lot of questions.

While I'm here I would just like to thank everyone at TSR for their amazing support to students at these tough times and going above and beyond. It is much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 8
Remarks for which subjects have the biggest chance of grade increase?
Do you suggest bringing your parents with you or telling them to wait in the car/alternative mode of transport :tongue:
Original post by Evil Homer
I the miraculous @Evil Homer

:sly:
Original post by Notnek
Remarks for which subjects have the biggest chance of grade increase?

Reply 12
Live HERE
Reply 13
Original post by CoolCavy

Subjects like physics are more likely to be remarked if a student is close to a grade boundary, which explains the high percentage. I think there are around 10 times as many remarks for English language for example so it’s not surprising that it’s lower in the list.

I think it’s hard to say which subjects have the best chance of changing so I was interested in what TSR thinks.
Hi @The Learn Ranger, @Evil Homer, @barror1 and @Lemur14 - thanks so much for the FB live! Really helped me a lot! :h:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hi @The Learn Ranger, @Evil Homer, @barror1 and @Lemur14 - thanks so much for the FB live! Really helped me a lot! :h:

It's so good that it helped you!
Honestly if I don't speak to you again, best of luck tomorrow :hugs:You're going to smash it!
If you are posting your results on the GYG, please drop me a tag! :love:
Original post by barror1
It's so good that it helped you!
Honestly if I don't speak to you again, best of luck tomorrow :hugs:You're going to smash it!
If you are posting your results on the GYG, please drop me a tag! :love:

Thanks barror! :heart:
I should be, depending on how hectic tomorrow is but I will let you know! :h:

I mean I wasn't even in the room but you're welcome! Will be about tomorrow most the day if you need anything :jumphug:

Thanks and good luck tomorrow. Sorry we were sideways for a while there. :eek:
Original post by Lemur14
I mean I wasn't even in the room but you're welcome! Will be about tomorrow most the day if you need anything :jumphug:

You're worth the mention though! :lol:
Thank you :hugs:

Original post by The Learn Ranger
Thanks and good luck tomorrow. Sorry we were sideways for a while there. :eek:

Thank you! Haha, that's OK, I flipped my laptop sideways for that bit. :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest