The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths June 2019 - GRADE 9 STUDENTS!

Scroll to see replies

Yes I did do triple and nope gosh they wouldn’t even let me to say such things but yeh all I can do now is hope for the best!
Reply 61
Original post by jduxie4414
Yeah, I understand you on paper 1, I always hate doing the mental maths as I can do the methods very well. I usually do worst in paper 2 as I'm very cautious in paper 1, then when I get to 2 I can do the questions really quickly and normally make loads of little mistakes. I think I got about 73 in paper 1, and 70 in paper 2 (which is very high and I thought I was doing well) and then paper 3 came along... 59 marks. Yeah, the question of the bearing was from a further maths book so that's why it would have been hard to do, and that tangent question definitely required a lot of thought! Paper 3 really ruined my morale and I'm going to miss out on my target grade if the boundaries increase, but hopefully they stay the same/decrease.

My only worry is that because of all the A-Level controversies, Edexcel may not worry as much about GCSE :frown:

A-level controversies??
Good luck guys.
Reply 63
I’ve been getting 9s since year 10 but I’m pretty sure I’ve flucked the real thing and will end up with a 7 :frown: I was really anxious in the exams and ran out of time, paper 3 also killed me. Maybe 170 ish I’m thinking? 60 in paper 2 but 55 in the others (bearing in mind I usually got 65-70 in mocks)
Paper 3 was soooo bad. Paper 1 was the best by faaar
@jduxie4414: Only for Grade 9 students.
Grade 8 Students -Like me: Am I a joke to you?
:angry:
Only joking
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
@jduxie4414: Only for Grade 9 students.
Grade 8 Students -Like me: Am I a joke to you?
:angry:

Haha! I meant 7-9 tbh
Oh well see you guys tomorrow after I recieve my results.
Reply 69
*IF YOU’RE A PREDICTED GRADE 9 STUDENT*

How did you find the papers this year? Did you perform as expected or higher/lower? What’s your estimated mark as well as your prediction for the grade 9 boundary?

I took the exams this year and I think I’ve got 201-203 which is right around last years boundary of 202. I hope the boundaries go down as I should’ve got much higher but paper 3 screwed me over

@Rabbibil V2
@Oljen
@Kithhh
@Marcusmaths
@mez_merising
@Vetrix42
@satsun
@Gent2324

EDIT: Added a poll for the predicted grade 9 boundary :biggrin:

I'm literally in the exactly the same boat as you lol. I know I'm in the (very) low 200s and I'm just hoping the grade boundaries don't go down.
Original post by qb2507
I'm literally in the exactly the same boat as you lol. I know I'm in the (very) low 200s and I'm just hoping the grade boundaries don't go down.

You don’t want the grade boundaries to go down?!
Reply 71
oh sry lol I meant up

You don’t want the grade boundaries to go down?!
Original post by qb2507
oh sry lol I meant up

I believe they’re going down :smile:
I believe they’re going down :smile:

I believe so too
I found paper 1 the easiest and then paper 3 and then paper 2 .
Paper 3 had by far the easiest last questions in comparison to the other papers despite me finding paper 1 easiest.
Why the hell am I commenting here probably gonna get a grade 8 not a 9.
Original post by OptimisticMedic
Paper 3 had by far the easiest last questions in comparison to the other papers despite me finding paper 1 easiest.

😂😂

The grade boundaries are most likely going up by 3-4 marks in my opinion.
No they are not!!!!
The grade boundaries are most likely going up by 3-4 marks in my opinion.

Well you’re wrong
Reply 79
u man r all batty lol

Quick Reply

Latest