The Student Room Group

I’m feeling almost complete ostracised from my friend group.

And it’s mainly, if not completely, down to my ex.

Since we share the same friends, she’s always with them. At the start of the month I spent some time with my friends after my shift, but my ex makes it really awkward:

She cuts through me when I’m speaking to someone, tries her best to exclude me from conversations, she’s pretty rude too and has shouted at me for no reason, she gives me the cold shoulder and doesn’t even bother saying hi, even if I do.

I know there’s not much I can do about her behavior, and to be honest I couldn’t care less. What I don’t like is the environment she’s created. I can’t go out with my friends because she’ll be there, I can’t go to the restaurant because she’ll be there too.

It’s pretty ****ing awkward.
You should talk to her and tell her how u feel and how you both should be civil when you’re with your friends because it’s not only unfair and awkward for you but also your friends. If she still keeps being this way, talk to your friends and make a solution together what u should do so they know the situation and how u act and feel when you hang out because if my friend was feeling like that, I would want to know and make it better for them or at least let them hang out with me in a non awkward environment.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
You should talk to her and tell her how u feel and how you both should be civil when you’re with your friends because it’s not only unfair and awkward for you but also your friends. If she still keeps being this way, talk to your friends and make a solution together what u should do so they know the situation and how u act and feel when you hang out because if my friend was feeling like that, I would want to know and make it better for them or at least let them hang out with me in a non awkward environment.

Trouble is I’ve spoken to a mutual friend about how it makes me feel. I told him I’d rather my ex and I be civil and not have this Cold War between us. He agreed and all the others have witnessed that something’s up.

He has spoken to her and she told him “He’s my ex”.

No **** I’m the ex, but I don’t think she’s bothered to see it from an outside perspective.

She’s acting immature and she’s in effect exiling me from a group of friends.

I tried going out with them with my ex around once and it was hella awkward, like I described in the OP.

She’s just being selfish tbh.
Original post by Anonymous
Trouble is I’ve spoken to a mutual friend about how it makes me feel. I told him I’d rather my ex and I be civil and not have this Cold War between us. He agreed and all the others have witnessed that something’s up.

He has spoken to her and she told him “He’s my ex”.

No **** I’m the ex, but I don’t think she’s bothered to see it from an outside perspective.

She’s acting immature and she’s in effect exiling me from a group of friends.

I tried going out with them with my ex around once and it was hella awkward, like I described in the OP.

She’s just being selfish tbh.

Wow she sounds like someone I would hate to be around no offence. I suggest not hanging out with when she’s there because if u are around her it’ll be toxic for you and your friends; tbh it looks like she just want a reaction from you. Maybe like plan something with the friends u feel comfortable around. If she complains, she can’t complain about it because u tried to be civil and your friend has informed her. Like her friends can still hang out with her but you should also have some time with them without it being awkward.
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
Wow she sounds like someone I would hate to be around no offence. I suggest not hanging out with when she’s there because if u are around her it’ll be toxic for you and your friends; tbh it looks like she just want a reaction from you. Maybe like plan something with the friends u feel comfortable around. If she complains, she can’t complain about it because u tried to be civil and your friend has informed her. Like her friends can still hang out with her but you should also have some time with them without it being awkward.

I really don’t know what her problem is. Why would she want a reaction from me? It’s been 7 months since we broke up!!
Original post by Anonymous
I really don’t know what her problem is. Why would she want a reaction from me? It’s been 7 months since we broke up!!

Some people like keeping their ex’s in their lives and some likes it when their ex’s in despair or horrible situations. Idk she seems immature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending