The Student Room Group

Gcse 2020

When are you guys planning on to start revising xx

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I think everyone on this thread should check out the post I made about my advice for year 11, please comment your thoughts and responses
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6041100
Hello!

There's no set time of when you should or shouldn't revise. It's all down to the individual. You could start revising in the upcoming summer holidays (which some year 10s are doing). This doesn't mean you have to revise continually in a day! Even if you do 2 hours in the day, that's great (active revision though). Try to structure your revision by using a timetable or planner and aim to try revise 3 different subjects in a day once in year 11.
Reply 3
Hi, thanks for you’re advise, I will be doing a little revision during six weeks holidays but after more continuouslyxx
Original post by Hazzabear
Hello!

There's no set time of when you should or shouldn't revise. It's all down to the individual. You could start revising in the upcoming summer holidays (which some year 10s are doing). This doesn't mean you have to revise continually in a day! Even if you do 2 hours in the day, that's great (active revision though). Try to structure your revision by using a timetable or planner and aim to try revise 3 different subjects in a day once in year 11.
Reply 4
Omg than you that was soo helpful xx
Original post by SaffyyB
When are you guys planning on to start revising xx

Hi! I really wanna get my head down because i really wanna do well but i really hate revising like its sooo boring. When it comes to september tho im gonna try and put my head down as i dont wanna leave it too late. If you dont mind me asking what did you get in your y10 mocks? For my y10 i decided to revise and i got...

Biology- 5 (2 marks of a 6)- want an 8 tho
Chemistry- 7 (1 mark of 8 arghh)- want an 8
Physics- 7 - want an 8
Maths- 7 - want an 8
English language- 7 - want an 8
English lit - 7 - want a 7
RE- 6 - want an 8
Spanish- 6- want a 7
Geography - 6- want an 8
Reply 6
Original post by DarkShadow101
Hi! I really wanna get my head down because i really wanna do well but i really hate revising like its sooo boring. When it comes to september tho im gonna try and put my head down as i dont wanna leave it too late. If you dont mind me asking what did you get in your y10 mocks? For my y10 i decided to revise and i got...

Biology- 5 (2 marks of a 6)- want an 8 tho
Chemistry- 7 (1 mark of 8 arghh)- want an 8
Physics- 7 - want an 8
Maths- 7 - want an 8
English language- 7 - want an 8
English lit - 7 - want a 7
RE- 6 - want an 8
Spanish- 6- want a 7
Geography - 6- want an 8

Awh thank you for replying! You're current grades are amazing xx. Tbf My school is very **** we didnt even have a proper mock exam towards the end of year. However we did take little ones
combined science 7-6 i want an 9-8 or 8-7 as I want to take science for A levels
Geography an 8 barely revised for it
English language a 6 want a 8
English Lit we didnt do a mock for it
Maths a 7 but want an 8 or 9
Religous studies a 7 want and 8 or 9
History did so a mock
These are my mock grades, as you can see there is still some room for improvement for when I get to year 11
P.S are you starting to revise beginning of the year?
Original post by SaffyyB
Awh thank you for replying! You're current grades are amazing xx. Tbf My school is very **** we didnt even have a proper mock exam towards the end of year. However we did take little ones
combined science 7-6 i want an 9-8 or 8-7 as I want to take science for A levels
Geography an 8 barely revised for it
English language a 6 want a 8
English Lit we didnt do a mock for it
Maths a 7 but want an 8 or 9
Religous studies a 7 want and 8 or 9
History did so a mock
These are my mock grades, as you can see there is still some room for improvement for when I get to year 11
P.S are you starting to revise beginning of the year?

Wow, you did really well considering your in year 10!! There is always going to be room for improvement and through hard work you can easily get the grades you want and I hope you do! I actually wanted to start revising in the summer because i changed my options from computer science to triple science during the change from y9 to y10 which meant i missed one full year of triple science content! :frown:But i kept saying that to myself and i haven't done any tho lool but im gonna make sure i start in september so i can be ahead of others and be more prepared. I also saw that you wanted to take sciences for A-levels which is really good cuz Im hoping to do Biology, Chemisty for mine and along side with that Maths. Which ones are you intereseted in?
Original post by SaffyyB
Hi, thanks for you’re advise, I will be doing a little revision during six weeks holidays but after more continuouslyxx

No problem, I hope the revision goes well for you. Good luck :smile:
Don’t leave it last minute. Start revising at the START of the year. You’ll regret it so much it caused me so much stress and i was having panic attacks revising cos I left it late🤦🏽*♀️
Another thing is to use as many past papers as possible - these will be a great revision source
Reply 11
Original post by DarkShadow101
Wow, you did really well considering your in year 10!! There is always going to be room for improvement and through hard work you can easily get the grades you want and I hope you do! I actually wanted to start revising in the summer because i changed my options from computer science to triple science during the change from y9 to y10 which meant i missed one full year of triple science content! :frown:But i kept saying that to myself and i haven't done any tho lool but im gonna make sure i start in september so i can be ahead of others and be more prepared. I also saw that you wanted to take sciences for A-levels which is really good cuz Im hoping to do Biology, Chemisty for mine and along side with that Maths. Which ones are you intereseted in?

Omg why did I make the same change as you, however I changed my subject from Foodtech to History, so I missed a whole year of Elizabeth. I was planning on revising for it this summer holidays but couldn't get to it as was focussing on my science revisioncards. Btw Seneca is a great way for making flashcards as it is all summerised for ye. I will also be taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths for A-levels. It's so weird that we have the plans in mind xx Also how do your revise for both Englishes as you're achieving brilliant grades already. I will be chuffed for any tips xx
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Another thing is to use as many past papers as possible - these will be a great revision source

Thankyou, I am going to make sure I print all the past papers as I can find and do it half-way through the year xx
Reply 13
No problem, I hope the revision goes well for you. Good luck :smile:

Cheers luv xx
Reply 14
Original post by xxx.ca1233.xxx
Don’t leave it last minute. Start revising at the START of the year. You’ll regret it so much it caused me so much stress and i was having panic attacks revising cos I left it late🤦🏽*♀️

Thank you soo much for your advisexx Did you just finish yr 11
Hi yall, I just got my results and I got 9 for maths and all sciences. I did edexcel, for maths doing questions is helpful, but for science doing questions wont rly help u, just make sure u know all the information. I started revising in Easter holiday
Reply 16
Omg congrats!! You did great, that is literally all want for both Maths and my sciences.xx
Original post by SaffyyB
Omg congrats!! You did great, that is literally all want for both Maths and my sciences.xx

Thanks. Get the CGP grade 9 book but don't do it too early, do it in Easter holidays, some questions in the exam were similar to the questions in the book. For science use active learn if u don't have the textbooks, also when u have ur exam wake at 5 am and watch science w Hazel for last minute revision
Reply 18
Original post by smith.214
Thanks. Get the CGP grade 9 book but don't do it too early, do it in Easter holidays, some questions in the exam were similar to the questions in the book. For science use active learn if u don't have the textbooks, also when u have ur exam wake at 5 am and watch science w Hazel for last revision

Should I get the books for both subjects? xx
I had the grade 9 workbooks for chem, bio, physics and maths but I only finished the maths one. The ones for science are also good but the questions are not really realistic, like their 6 marker was more applying knowledge in depth, when in the exam I got more of just applying knowledge at a basic level. Just get the maths one imo

Quick Reply

Latest