The Student Room Group

Are a level courses lenient?

I got a 5 in maths however I need a 6 to do physics. I reached all requirements for subjects however my maths is bringing me down hard.
Original post by timl235
I got a 5 in maths however I need a 6 to do physics. I reached all requirements for subjects however my maths is bringing me down hard.

Talk to the college/sixth form you're applying to - as they're the only ones who'd be able to tell you!

The decision is a tough one though, as your maths ability has to be quite strong for physics.
Reply 2
Original post by MediocreSince01
Talk to the college/sixth form you're applying to - as they're the only ones who'd be able to tell you!

The decision is a tough one though, as your maths ability has to be quite strong for physics.

In the past mocks I have been getting 6s and 7s, and the sixth form I applied for is the same school I've been going since year 7, so hopefully they would show some leniency?
Depends. Same thing happened to my friend two years ago. He was depressed because he couldn’t do A level Physics because he got a 5 in Maths but he still did A level Physics anyway.

If your college/sixth form rejects you, just apply somewhere else and see who will let you do A level Physics.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bandanadude
Depends. Same thing happened to my friend two years ago. He was depressed because he couldn’t do A level Physics because he got a 5 in Maths but he still did A level Physics anyway.

If your college/sixth form rejects you, just apply somewhere else and see who will let you do A level Physics.

alright cheers

Quick Reply

Latest