The Student Room Group

Policing

Hi I am doing a degree in Policing but I am really struggling to learn how to reference my essays can anyone help me?
Original post by lauraclaiire
Hi I am doing a degree in Policing but I am really struggling to learn how to reference my essays can anyone help me?

Hi @lauraclaiire

Do you know what reference system you use for the course? If the university doesn't have a referencing handbook you will be able to find plenty of guides online. I would advise staying away from referencing generators as you won't actually learn how to reference by using them. However, just be aware that referencing can be hard at the beginning. It takes practice to get it perfect so don't be disheartened if you are struggling at the moment.

If you need any further advice give me a shout.

Dom :h:
Reply 2
If you do APA 6th my uni has a really handy booklet I can send you pictures of but in any case your university should have a referencing guide on its portal and the library/academic support usually run classes on referencing
Hi yes I’ve managed to sort the referencing out. But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?
That would be great.
But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?
Original post by RomNoob
If you do APA 6th my uni has a really handy booklet I can send you pictures of but in any case your university should have a referencing guide on its portal and the library/academic support usually run classes on referencing
Reply 5
Original post by lauraclaiire
Hi yes I’ve managed to sort the referencing out. But I’m stuck on how to structure my assignments in general and it says that they need to have an argument in them?

I don't think Law study help is able to be specific on this. Perhaps post your question on structuring essays in the humanities section, or use the search tool on TSR :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending