Sankalp.2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would investment banks care if I graduate from Warwick with a good grade in management with finance...I.e a 2:1 or above but have poor a level results???
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sankalp.2000)
Would investment banks care if I graduate from Warwick with a good grade in management with finance...I.e a 2:1 or above but have poor a level results???
When you graduate no one will care about your A level results ever again. Ask graduates that you know!
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
When you graduate no one will care about your A level results ever again. Ask graduates that you know!
I've heard this alot but as I've looked investment banking I've seen people mentioning that for FO roles and graduate schemes and things that firms often require a minimum number of ucas points???
chieula2301
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you get into wbs with poor alevels?
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by chieula2301)
How did you get into wbs with poor alevels?
Foundation
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so long as you pass the minimum threshold
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
so long as you pass the minimum threshold
What typically is this threshold
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What typically is this threshold
AAB-BBB depending on the firm
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)
AAB-BBB depending on the firm
How would these firms look at a resit
King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How would these firms look at a resit
Why you so desperate to go into banking? I’ll show you a graph on how banks take on academics.

Name:  71ABC37C-FBAC-4C36-94C5-9F25925C6A66.jpg.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  13.4 KB
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by King Arthur 284)
Why you so desperate to go into banking? I’ll show you a graph on how banks take on academics.

Name:  71ABC37C-FBAC-4C36-94C5-9F25925C6A66.jpg.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  13.4 KB
I've taken part in a couple stock and investment challenges at my local uni and thoroughly enjoyed them with a passion and have always had a natural aptitude towards business and economics. They always say do something u enjoy for work and this sort of area is where I see enjoyment. Btw sorry but I can barely read the graph
King Arthur 284
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've taken part in a couple stock and investment challenges at my local uni and thoroughly enjoyed them with a passion and have always had a natural aptitude towards business and economics. They always say do something u enjoy for work and this sort of area is where I see enjoyment. Btw sorry but I can barely read the graph
Keep your options open, there’s a lot of great career paths outside of banking. Truth is most leave banking within the first couple of years and go into private equity to make more money. Also you can just study management on its own at Warwick, doesn’t have to be management with marketing or finance- won’t make a difference to your application. A lot go into banking with completely irrelevant degree like music, and a lot with chemistry, biology, history etc.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard this alot but as I've looked investment banking I've seen people mentioning that for FO roles and graduate schemes and things that firms often require a minimum number of ucas points???
When you graduate with a first or a 2.1? Not very likely! Most firms will see the sense in employing this type of graduate who has excellent references from his/ her uni.
King Arthur 284
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one cares about your A levels of GCSEs. Just your degree and classification. Eventually it would just be ‘which university did you go to’. They won’t even ask your grade.
Solidcommand
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one cares about your A levels of GCSEs. Just your degree and classification. Eventually it would just be ‘which university did you go to’. They won’t even ask your grade.
Not straight out of uni though
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Solidcommand)
Not straight out of uni though
Yes. Your A levels will be out of date by the time you graduate from uni! Who would seriously care what your A level grades were in chemistry if you graduate with a 2.1 chemistry degree? or you graduated in dentistry or medicine and a range of many subjects?
randyorton
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mgi)
Yes. Your A levels will be out of date by the time you graduate from uni! Who would seriously care what your A level grades were in chemistry if you graduate with a 2.1 chemistry degree? or you graduated in dentistry or medicine and a range of many subjects?
Investment banks require a minimum A-level grade threshold to get springs, internships, grad jobs etc so yeah they do care- once you've broken into banking then yeah they won't care
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
Keep your options open, there’s a lot of great career paths outside of banking. Truth is most leave banking within the first couple of years and go into private equity to make more money. Also you can just study management on its own at Warwick, doesn’t have to be management with marketing or finance- won’t make a difference to your application. A lot go into banking with completely irrelevant degree like music, and a lot with chemistry, biology, history etc.
(Original post by randyorton)
Investment banks require a minimum A-level grade threshold to get springs, internships, grad jobs etc so yeah they do care- once you've broken into banking then yeah they won't care
So would u advise on resitting whilst I explore my options and improve my grades by actually revising or just going to my foundation at Warwick and completing my bsc in management
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you know banking has nothing to do with stock pitching or investing right? as a stepping stone it could help lead to that stuff but sellside research or buyside research at an AM would be far better first bets.
Sankalp.2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)
you know banking has nothing to do with stock pitching or investing right? as a stepping stone it could help lead to that stuff but sellside research or buyside research at an AM would be far better first bets.
Ye I heard that I'd have to go into banking to use it as a pathway into stocks and investment ???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads