The Student Room Group

Trump cancels meeting with Danish PM over refusal to sell Greenland

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by z-hog
:biggrin:

Sorry did you just agree that people disliking trump is rational?
Reply 41
Original post by Napp
Sorry did you just agree that people disliking trump is rational?

Not at all, only that you display both an irrational fear and hatred of him in the quote. There's nothing wrong with disliking him, of course.
Reply 42
Original post by z-hog
Not at all, only that you display both an irrational fear and hatred of him in the quote. There's nothing wrong with disliking him, of course.

Err you do know what 'irrational' means right?
Imagine thinking that you can purchase a independent state in 21st Century. Trump is a business man by nature though.
Reply 44
Original post by Black Cat
Imagine thinking that you can purchase a independent state in 21st Century. Trump is a business man by nature though.

A piss poor one though
Original post by Black Cat

He pretends to be a businessman. He's actually rubbish at it - he went through two entire fortunes of over $100m which he simply lost. Then he was funded by the mob and they made him a success by putting their own accountants and managers into his operation. He's like a very grubby orange figurehead for a sleazebag money laundering operation.
(jk) Trump really has the personality of a 10 year old child

Original post by Napp
Good lord this man child has thin skin, I mean it’s not a revelation but should be reiterated.
I am mildly curious as to how he thought he could afford this though? Last time I checked America was up to its eyeballs in debt and I doubt buying one of the largest islands in the world would be overly cheap

Trump CANCELS meeting with Danish PM after she refuses to discuss selling Greenland https://www.rt.com/news/466935-trump-greenland-denmark-meeting/

Wouldn't say the USA is too poor to buy it by any means but Greenland wouldn't come cheap. (just looked it up Japan has a debt of 234% of its GDP :eek:)

Trump has the personality of a 10 year old, and speaks frankly so ironically adds to his popularity.

Buying Greenland is the dumbest idea he could have come up with, would in his position, work even more closely with them, and maintain an active military presence in the area to counter the actions of Russia and increasingly China..

Though might just have been Ivanka lol
Original post by z-hog

How's it an irrational fear? He's a child with supreme authority over 5000 nukes.Sounds like a rational fear to me.
Original post by James23121
How's it an irrational fear? He's a child with supreme authority over 5000 nukes.Sounds like a rational fear to me.

Don't panic. Jared and Ivanka are really the ones in charge, or John Bolton, or Mike Pence, or some other [insert name of barking Republican extremist here] worthy individual.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Don't panic. Jared and Ivanka are really the ones in charge, or John Bolton, or Mike Pence, or some other [insert name of barking Republican extremist here] worthy individual.

Ivanka always reminds me of Veruca Salt - no business haunting Buckingham Palace and interfering in global politics as the child of a powerful man :s-smilie: #unwantedivanka

Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Ivanka always reminds me of Veruca Salt - no business haunting Buckingham Palace and interfering in global politics as the child of a powerful man :s-smilie: #unwantedivanka

UnwantedIvanka is a hilarious stream. I can't help wondering if she looks at them, but it seems to be a Trump thing to have no shame, so probably she thinks they're real or something.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

They're not though.Thats the problem.The American president has sole authority to launch nuclear weapons.He can give the go-ahead and they can be in the air within 10 minutes.He doesnt need to consult with anyoneelse.Which is a scary thought.
Reply 53
They're not though.Thats the problem.The American president has sole authority to launch nuclear weapons.He can give the go-ahead and they can be in the air within 10 minutes.He doesnt need to consult with anyoneelse.Which is a scary thought.

let's be clear trump is not dropping a nuke.
he'll drop sanctions though. guy is hard for those.
Original post by bj27
let's be clear trump is not dropping a nuke.
he'll drop sanctions though. guy is hard for those.

That's not the point though.The point is you shouldn't have an infant in control of nuclear missiles.The fact that he seriously cancelled a state visit because Denmark wouldn't sell greenland suggests he's either taking the piss or is very intellectually challenged.I'm going with intellectually challenged.He's actually starting to make George Bush Jr seem sophisticated.
That's not the point though.The point is you shouldn't have an infant in control of nuclear missiles.The fact that he seriously cancelled a state visit because Denmark wouldn't sell greenland suggests he's either taking the piss or is very intellectually challenged.I'm going with intellectually challenged.He's actually starting to make George Bush Jr seem sophisticated.

It's clear that his behavior is erratic enough to justify impeachment, or removal by the cabinet on grounds of mental fitness.
Reply 56
anyone wanna buy this?

greenland.jpg
Original post by NJA
anyone wanna buy this?

greenland.jpg

I bid one dollar.
Reply 58

Fair enough, if you want to fear him sitting on the button or deciding the world would look better after a nuclear holocaust... fear away within the boundaries of reason as you define it. Some people might see it as an 'irrational' fear and I'd be one of them, i don't fear any of that.

Can't be a***d to go look up who said what but the media narrative is clear, Trump wanted to buy Greenland and cancelled a meeting with the Danish PM when told no-deal was on the table. My hunch was that she'd said something that he found offensive and later on saw a mention somewhere of him saying it was her 'nasty' remarks that were the real reason.

It's totally irrational to swallow up the anti-Trump media narrative at face value, of course he wouldn't just cancel the meeting because Denmark wouldn't sell it. Only Trumpophobes fall for that, people who let their (otherwise OKeish) ability to reason at the door on everything Trump-related.

Do you really fear him launching WWIII that much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending