Maths: 7
Religious Studies: 8
Combined Science: 98
English Lit: 9
English Lang: 9
History: 9
French: 9
ICT: A

I wanted to pick English Literature, History and Maths but I was told I can’t pick both History and Maths because they’re being taught at the same time. Which A Level is better, History or Maths?? I was also told to pick 4 AS Levels instead of 3. I don’t want to do any Sciences, French or ICT. I was thinking Business Studies and Psychology but I’m not sure. Can i have some advice?
What do you want to at do uni/as a career?

Pick 4 AS subjects if you want to but there's no need. Do EPQ if you really want to.
Reply 2
Original post by Aaryra
What do you want to at do uni/as a career?

Pick 4 AS subjects if you want to but there's no need. Do EPQ if you really want to.

Thats the thing I have no idea. I was thinking something business wise and I liked business studies when I did a taster session. I like psychology but I don’t want to take a career down that route.
Have you looked at subject requirements?
Reply 4
Original post by Aaryra
Have you looked at subject requirements?

Yes i meet all the requirements
Reply 5
Tell them they suck at timetabling. Maths and history isn't that unheard-of as a combination.

A-level maths is difficult and even people getting 7s, 8s or 9s can struggle with it. However if you have any interest in an economics/finance related degree it'll definitely be helpful, if not required. With a business or management degree, probably less so.

With history, GCSE performance doesn't affect how you do in A-level to the same extent as in maths, since you'll be studying different topics with different styles of questions.
Original post by dshabani
Yes i meet all the requirements

What subjects do unis require then?
Original post by dshabani
These are my GCSE results:
Maths: 7
Religious Studies: 8
Combined Science: 98
English Lit: 9
English Lang: 9
History: 9
French: 9
ICT: A

I wanted to pick English Literature, History and Maths but I was told I can’t pick both History and Maths because they’re being taught at the same time. Which A Level is better, History or Maths?? I was also told to pick 4 AS Levels instead of 3. I don’t want to do any Sciences, French or ICT. I was thinking Business Studies and Psychology but I’m not sure. Can i have some advice?

First of all congratulations on your results they're superb!
I would recommend you do some research on each subject and then after understanding what each course entails then to choose :smile:
But it is best to choose your strong subjects OR subjects you enjoy as it is a proven fact, subjects that are enjoyable to a person will be performed better!
:smile:
Neither History nor Maths is 'better'. It all depends on what your interests are and what you potentially want to do at university. Also, there really aren't any advantages in doing 4 subjects. I'd recommend 3. Maybe 4 AS levels of you really, really wanted to but you don't have to.

Quick Reply

Latest