The Student Room Group

Are My GCSE’s good enough for medicine?

I’m wondering this because I only took 9 subjects and many people have taken more than me!
My results are 9 - eng Lang and then 8 in eng lit, maths, bio, chem, physics, French, design technology and 7 in geography
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by étudiant fatigué
I’m wondering this because I only took 9 subjects and many people have taken more than me!
My results are 9 - eng Lang and then 8 in eng lit, maths, bio, chem, physics, French, geography, design technology

You have got to be a troll man, Seriously?

8s and 9s and you're asking if it's good enough. Look at the entry requirements, stop showing off!
Hi! I believe these are enough. As long as you have above a 7 in maths and sciences then universities don’t consider your GCSEs too much. The main thing is your predicted grades at alevel. Well done also! Hope this helps!
Original post by X1PRINCE

8s and 9s and you're asking if it's good enough. Look at the entry requirements, stop showing off!

Hey, don’t be mean! Although it may be obvious to us these are good enough grades this person may not know that themselves, universities aren’t always that clear on GCSE requirements and all have different grades needed. Especially being the day after results day when panicking is high and people begin to overthink

I mean 7 in geography
Original post by ellajeangant
Hey, don’t be mean! Although it may be obvious to us these are good enough grades this person may not know that themselves, universities aren’t always that clear on GCSE requirements and all have different grades needed. Especially being the day after results day when panicking is high and people begin to overthink

Hi! I believe these are enough. As long as you have above a 7 in maths and sciences then universities don’t consider your GCSEs too much. The main thing is your predicted grades at alevel. Well done also! Hope this helps!

Thanks I was just worried because lots of people take 10 or more GCSEs

Thanks for understanding I just am hearing so many people getting all 9s and it’s freaking me out a bit
Thanks I was just worried because lots of people take 10 or more GCSEs

I wouldn’t worry about it personally, as long as you get good predicted grades at alevel :smile:
Thanks for understanding I just am hearing so many people getting all 9s and it’s freaking me out a bit

No problem :smile: haha don’t worry, 8s are also equivalent of a high A which is honestly amazing and exactly what medical schools will want
No problem :smile: haha don’t worry, 8s are also equivalent of a high A which is honestly amazing and exactly what medical schools will want

Really? Someone with A and A* and complaining about if their grades are good enough? Really?. Sorry, But I've seen too many of these threads because it just makes others a bit annoyed if they've done a little less good. But if you were genuinely confused then I'm sorry :smile:
Really? Someone with A and A* and complaining about if their grades are good enough? Really?. Sorry, But I've seen too many of these threads because it just makes others a bit annoyed if they've done a little less good. But if you were genuinely confused then I'm sorry :smile:

I got very deflated because a family friend of mine got all 9s and now my parents don’t seem as happy with my gcse results even though I worked really hard

Quick Reply

Latest