The Student Room Group

Hahaha failed my gcses (no joke)

LISTEN, I know the expectations on TSR are high but you know what I wanna break the records this year.
I'm unsure whether I should get English language remarked as I was 4 marks off a 4, can anyone help me decide whether it's worth the money!?
Also, I got a 3 in maths 16 marks off a 4 so great!! And I passed all my other subjects like Spanish, art, science, etc....
SHALL I GET ENGLISH LANG REMARKED??!! IT'S 4 MARKS AWAY!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Just retake maths
Reply 2
Original post by Oljen
Just retake maths

Yeah, I'm retaking it in November to try and pass then.
Do you think I should get my English language remarked, I'm like 4 marks away from it.
so what are you planning to do next
Reply 4
Original post by taranmistry
so what are you planning to do next

I'm doing Spanish, English literature and History at a level.
If I get my 4 in English lang I can do history. So, I really wanna get it remarked, but it's 4 marks so idek!
And I'm doing maths alongside my a levels and I should be resitting this November so I can move on with my a levels and not worry about maths.
Reply 5
Your school will probably fund the English review; it's in their interests to get as many grade 4s as possible. Four marks is a reasonable review.
Reply 6
Original post by Davy611
Your school will probably fund the English review; it's in their interests to get as many grade 4s as possible. Four marks is a reasonable review.

Okay, thank you soo much for the reply!
Do you think I have a shot at getting a grade 4?
Reply 7
Original post by Manip01
Okay, thank you soo much for the reply!
Do you think I have a shot at getting a grade 4?

The policy in our school is to review anything that's up to four marks from grades 4, 5 and 7. You have a chance but it's obviously not as likely to change as it would if you were one mark away. Also, be prepared for disappointment as the majority of marks don't change. They're more likely to have been marked correctly in the first place.
Reply 8
Original post by Manip01
Yeah, I'm retaking it in November to try and pass then.
Do you think I should get my English language remarked, I'm like 4 marks away from it.

Yeah get English remarked because essay based subjects are subjective
Reply 9
Original post by Davy611
The policy in our school is to review anything that's up to four marks from grades 4, 5 and 7. You have a chance but it's obviously not as likely to change as it would if you were one mark away. AlSubmit reply

so, be prepared for disappointment as the majority of marks don't change. They're more likely to have been marked correctly in the first place.

okayyy yah i get you, I gotta be prepared for the worst....
Reply 10
Original post by Oljen
Yeah get English remarked because essay based subjects are subjective

Okay I will, I'm praying I get this 4 it's all I want/need

Quick Reply

Latest