The Student Room Group

NEW SPEC A LEVEL MATHS edexcel help

If anyone got an A/A* in the 2019 exam can you please give us some advice and tips.
Number 1. Pick a different subject and get an A* in that :smile:
On a serious note, the key is to just keep up with all your work all the time and keep doing past paper questions. If you can do 2019s a Level papers you should be fine
I got an A* and all I can say is try to nail AS as it’s such a good foundation of skills for A2 part of the course. Also keep up with work as much as you can
Original post by Vits1
If anyone got an A/A* in the 2019 exam can you please give us some advice and tips.

we took the papers for our end of year 12 exams and I got an A*. Use the specification deeply (this is how I knew the sum notation for integration, for that horrid q on paper 2) and use the pearson books.
Reply 5
use exam solutions and bang work from day 1 maths aint a joke, that being said just praxtise questions over and over
Reply 6
Original post by joaio987
use exam solutions and bang work from day 1 maths aint a joke, that being said just praxtise questions over and over

Original post by Physikoi
we took the papers for our end of year 12 exams and I got an A*. Use the specification deeply (this is how I knew the sum notation for integration, for that horrid q on paper 2) and use the pearson books.

Original post by benjiboy46
I got an A* and all I can say is try to nail AS as it’s such a good foundation of skills for A2 part of the course. Also keep up with work as much as you can

Original post by OR321
On a serious note, the key is to just keep up with all your work all the time and keep doing past paper questions. If you can do 2019s a Level papers you should be fine

do you think the old spec papers are worth is or is it better to stick to the specimen and textbook questions.Thanks for the tips
Original post by Vits1
do you think the old spec papers are worth is or is it better to stick to the specimen and textbook questions.Thanks for the tips

Honestly do as much maths as you can, stick with the new stuff as much as you can but if you run out do some old stuff. It’s literally just practice practice practice
Original post by Vits1

i didnt use any old spec papers, they're so laughable in comparison. Instead, I used new spec papers from every exam board, the cgp papers and the papers on UpLearn (dont pay, just make a 3 day free trial and get the papers)
Original post by Physikoi
i didnt use any old spec papers, they're so laughable in comparison. Instead, I used new spec papers from every exam board, the cgp papers and the papers on UpLearn (dont pay, just make a 3 day free trial and get the papers)

I think you can only get our past papers with the full version (paid or scholarship)

Disclaimer: I work at Up Learn. However, these views are my own and not official company views
Original post by Vits1

I did the old spec last year as there wasnt a lot of past papers out but I don't recommend now as there are more past papers out there now. the new spec has increased the amount of application and interpreting the question which was not there in the old spec

Quick Reply

Latest