The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science in Abertay or Dundee

I am applying for 2020 entry for 2 Dentistry, 2 Oral Health Science and 1 Biomedical Science course. I am struggling to decide if I should apply to Abertay or Dundee. I heard that Abertay is better as you can directly go to NHS after your degree and work as a biomedical scientist, where as in Dundee you have to do Masters?
which one is better?

Thanks!
Original post by bsb2392
I am applying for 2020 entry for 2 Dentistry, 2 Oral Health Science and 1 Biomedical Science course. I am struggling to decide if I should apply to Abertay or Dundee. I heard that Abertay is better as you can directly go to NHS after your degree and work as a biomedical scientist, where as in Dundee you have to do Masters?
which one is better?

Thanks!

I would be wary of applying for dentistry, oral health and biomed with the same PS. Either oral health or biomed is fine but not both.

You want a course accredited by IBMS so which of Dundee or Abertay has that?
Original post by alleycat393
I would be wary of applying for dentistry, oral health and biomed with the same PS. Either oral health or biomed is fine but not both.

You want a course accredited by IBMS so which of Dundee or Abertay has that?

I emailed Dundee and Abertay, asking if I can submit a different statement for biomedical. Dundee said no. Abertay said I can send them my personal statement and they won't use my UCAS one.

Abertay is accredited by IBMS, Dundee - no.

So I guess Abertay is a better choice as it will make my life so much easier to submit a different statement.
Original post by bsb2392
I emailed Dundee and Abertay, asking if I can submit a different statement for biomedical. Dundee said no. Abertay said I can send them my personal statement and they won't use my UCAS one.

Abertay is accredited by IBMS, Dundee - no.

So I guess Abertay is a better choice as it will make my life so much easier to submit a different statement.

There you go then. Good luck!
Original post by alleycat393
There you go then. Good luck!

Thanks!
I'm going to Abertay this year and my reasoning was that it had an accredited degree and I generally like the course content better than Dundee, you've already decided but just thought to reassure haha
Original post by Panda9345
I'm going to Abertay this year and my reasoning was that it had an accredited degree and I generally like the course content better than Dundee, you've already decided but just thought to reassure haha

Yeah, I like the accredited degree and course content better than Dundee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending