The Student Room Group

John Locke essay competition

Hi has anyone who entered the John Locke essay competition gotten an email back as to whether they were shortlisted yet or not?

Scroll to see replies

I have not
Reply 2
Original post by Eloiserydell
I have not

Okie cool because neither have I lol and it’s probably because I didn’t get short listed, but it does say on their website that they try to email everyone back today. Perhaps it takes some time?
Which question did you do?:smile:
Reply 3
Neither have I, might just be time consuming for them due to a large amount of submissions
Original post by rohanodo
Okie cool because neither have I lol and it’s probably because I didn’t get short listed, but it does say on their website that they try to email everyone back today. Perhaps it takes some time?
Which question did you do?:smile:

I did the first law question- Somethings are illegal because they are bad, are somethings bad because they are illegal?

I’m not hopeful about getting shortlisted now either, but hopefully they won’t just leave use without any confirmation
Reply 5
Anyone received any emails yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Adam488
Anyone received any emails yet?

Not yet:frown:
Reply 7
Just now, a notification has been put on the website saying that they'll email short-listed candidates on the 23rd, due to the high amount of entries :smile:
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 9
Anyone heard anything yet?

Not yet!:frown:
Anything yet?
Nope
The wording for the website notification said that shortlisted candidates would not be notified before the 23rd - could be a while until emails go out
Reply 13
anyone got the e-mail ?
Original post by yuezhi
anyone got the e-mail ?

Nope
I've been looking for a thread like this, glad to know emails haven't been sent out yet. The notification did say that candidates would not be notified before the 23rd of August, so that may possibly suggest that they will make contact in the following days.

Good luck everyone.
I'm not sure If I have, I have not recieved an email. I believe people who are shortlisted recieve an email after the 23rd.
Anyone got anything yet?
I think because it is the bank holiday weekend they probably won’t be in contact until next week
I think because it is the bank holiday weekend they probably won’t be in contact until next week

Ah, makes sense. I'm on holiday so I forgot xd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending