The Student Room Group

NHS rhinoplasty/septoplasty

hey so idk if i qualify for a rhinoplasty or septoplasty on the nhs so i guess this is what i’m writing this for. for a little bit of background story, when i was 11 or 12 i fell and broke my nose. at the time my parents didn’t bother taking me to the hospital, as they thought i just bumped my nose, but looking back, it’s very clear i broke it. my nose has definitely changed in shape and it now kind of curves to one side. i think i have a deviated septum and it’s clear when you take a picture from underneath my nose one nostril is more closed off than the other. i can’t really nose breathe anymore and whenever i go to sleep (i sleep on my side) one of my nostrils completely closes off. this results in a lot of headaches due to my heavy breathing during sleep. i have a bump in my nose as well which has affected my self confidence for years now. i don’t even want the shape of my nose entirely changed, i honestly just want my old nose back :frown:( i’m 15 (turning 16 in march) so i know i might have to wait a few years until i can actually get one but i’m just really curious if you all think i qualify. my parents are very hesitant to take me to the GP about it as they don’t think it’s very serious but it’s really affecting my daily life in a negative way. my family is not exactly rich either so it’s not like i can afford a nose job that’s not on the nhs. so yeah do you all think i qualify?
Original post by aimeec13
hey so idk if i qualify for a rhinoplasty or septoplasty on the nhs so i guess this is what i’m writing this for. for a little bit of background story, when i was 11 or 12 i fell and broke my nose. at the time my parents didn’t bother taking me to the hospital, as they thought i just bumped my nose, but looking back, it’s very clear i broke it. my nose has definitely changed in shape and it now kind of curves to one side. i think i have a deviated septum and it’s clear when you take a picture from underneath my nose one nostril is more closed off than the other. i can’t really nose breathe anymore and whenever i go to sleep (i sleep on my side) one of my nostrils completely closes off. this results in a lot of headaches due to my heavy breathing during sleep. i have a bump in my nose as well which has affected my self confidence for years now. i don’t even want the shape of my nose entirely changed, i honestly just want my old nose back :frown:( i’m 15 (turning 16 in march) so i know i might have to wait a few years until i can actually get one but i’m just really curious if you all think i qualify. my parents are very hesitant to take me to the GP about it as they don’t think it’s very serious but it’s really affecting my daily life in a negative way. my family is not exactly rich either so it’s not like i can afford a nose job that’s not on the nhs. so yeah do you all think i qualify?

/i have same exact problem

Quick Reply

Latest