The Student Room Group

Struggling with a levels

I’m starting year 13 in a week and I’m really struggling with everything. I take biology chemistry and maths and currently I’m predicted CCC. When I revise, I feel like I know most stuff but I still end up getting C and D grades, so I think application is hard for me. My target grades will at most go up to like BBC meaning I’ll have to go to a **** uni and I’m really fearing the future.

Any advice on anything? This next year is gonna be so bad because I have no friends and hate my sixth form. I also don’t have any nice teachers I can talk to.
perhaps see if you can get a workbook with exam questions or find some exam questions online so you can regularly practice application- try explaining concepts in your own words to really reaffirm the understanding.
A levels aren't for everybody - there is no shame in admitting that.
Original post by VMD100
A levels aren't for everybody - there is no shame in admitting that.

Ive admitted that ages ago but say I get BBC, what can I do afterwards? If I go to a ‘bad’ uni, I probably won’t get a good job and I don’t wanna end up working in retail or something because i have a weekend job and it’s not for me
Reply 4
Original post by ibibat
I’m starting year 13 in a week and I’m really struggling with everything. I take biology chemistry and maths and currently I’m predicted CCC. When I revise, I feel like I know most stuff but I still end up getting C and D grades, so I think application is hard for me. My target grades will at most go up to like BBC meaning I’ll have to go to a **** uni and I’m really fearing the future.

Any advice on anything? This next year is gonna be so bad because I have no friends and hate my sixth form. I also don’t have any nice teachers I can talk to.

What would you like to do for a degree or job.BTW not easy A levels so you are not doing that badly!
I think considering all three are hard subjects in general you should stick at it. Aim to do a past exam paper for every subject one week and mark it and the following week try it again and see what mark you get. Also you could get Workbook but I don’t think you’re struggling with content so I would say exam papers . Start it ASAP!! Also with maths make sure you are doing every single ‘harder/exam practice’ questions in the book. What board are you taking for maths bdw ?
Original post by ibibat

Are you sure university is right for you? If you are struggling doing work at A Level, you most likely will struggle with the work load at university. Maybe look into apprenticeships or other qualifications. There is a stigma around these but for many people they can actually work out to be the best course of action.

Quick Reply

Latest