Omg rly??

yep
Original post by Untamed-child
yep

Nice! Finally someone from the pharmacy course xD
Original post by Anonymous
Nice! Finally someone from the pharmacy course xD

same i was like finallyy
Hey u sed completed Aston foundation year can you tell me a bit more about the course I rweal wanna do optom grades are **** and I need help in terms of course structure length of unit how the course was as a whole do pple actually progress into allied subjects and how did u find it as a whole was it challenging or easy can you show me a module that u complete so I get a rough idea of the course please
Original post by Anonymous
Hey u sed completed Aston foundation year can you tell me a bit more about the course I rweal wanna do optom grades are **** and I need help in terms of course structure length of unit how the course was as a whole do pple actually progress into allied subjects and how did u find it as a whole was it challenging or easy can you show me a module that u complete so I get a rough idea of the course please

The foundation year was quite tough. I had to study Maths,Senses and Perception and Professional Skills in the first semster and then Biology,Physics and Developmental Psychology in the second semster. To get onto Optometry you require 60% overall. The second semster imo was way more stressful than the first simply because there was a whole lot more content to learn.

In the first semester, you have exams for Maths and Senses and Perception alongside coursework (coursework is worth 30% of overall grade and exam is worth 70%). For professional skills there is no exam you just have to write a report.

The second semster you have exams for Biology,Psychology and Physics but also coursework too.

The good thing is that it's not solely based on exam, you also have coursework too.
If you work hard it should be fine.

Good luck!!
I’m going, and I’m tryna find people in my accommodation, I’m in the James watt block 😊
Anyone in James Watt and/or doing cyber security?
Reply 30
Is anyone doing mechanical engineering and whats it like for the first year.
Hey guys,

I am looking for a replacement tenant to take over my accommodation next year (2020/2021). The accomodation is on Aston Campus and is with Unite Students. It's discounted too at £139 a week and I can vouch that the other people you share with are lovely! Very tidy and friendly. More details below: Luxury student accomodation available!
- 3/4 size double bed with en-suite
- 45 week contract: 04 Sep 2020 - 19 July 2021
- £139 a week
- Lakeside accomodation, B4 7EJ
- < 5 min walk to BCU and Aston University
- 10 min walk to bullring
- Own building's post room and study space (see images for full features included)
- Shared with 9 others, all very respectful and tidy

Facilities:
- Laundry
- Printing
- Vending machine
- Bike storage
- Recycling
- Common area

Living essentials (free):
- MyUnite app
- Wi-Fi (in your flat and communal areas)
- Heating
- Water
- Gas
- Electric

Safety and security:
- Secure access
- 24/7 assistance
- Onsite service team
- Maintenance support
- Fire system
- CCTV
- Contents insurance