The Student Room Group

What does this mean?

I told my principal to remark all 3 of my Edexcel maths papers as I was one mark off getting the next grade. He emailed me back saying that he has checked and requested the paper 2 to be remarked only. What does he mean by checked?

Scroll to see replies

And why has he only sent one instead of all 3?
maybe he looked through all 3 papers and found some errors in marking in paper 2? if you’re only one mark off you don’t really need all 3 to be remarked, especially if only one paper (paper 2) is most likely to get you that extra mark.
Original post by bubblecat
maybe he looked through all 3 papers and found some errors in marking in paper 2? if you’re only one mark off you don’t really need all 3 to be remarked, especially if only one paper (paper 2) is most likely to get you that extra mark.

So by checked do u think he meant he perhaps so something that could get me the mark? But I don’t understand how he could’ve done that? Edexcel math btw
Original post by jackrey_nolds
So by checked do u think he meant he perhaps so something that could get me the mark? But I don’t understand how he could’ve done that? Edexcel math btw

its pretty easy. he went through your paper with the mark scheme.
its pretty easy. he went through your paper with the mark scheme.

No I mean where could he have gotten my papers from before requesting a remark
No I mean where could he have gotten my papers from before requesting a remark

you just request the scripts back from the exams. the exams officer will have been able to get them
you just request the scripts back from the exams. the exams officer will have been able to get them

Thanks this has given me some hope, only one mark off!
Thanks this has given me some hope, only one mark off!

good luck! i’m sure you’ll get it :smile:
Reply 9
I told my principal to remark all 3 of my Edexcel maths papers as I was one mark off getting the next grade. He emailed me back saying that he has checked and requested the paper 2 to be remarked only. What does he mean by checked?

Is your exams officer a maths teacher?
Original post by Notnek
Is your exams officer a maths teacher?

No but in the email he said we have checked so I’m assuming he took the papers to my maths teacher
Reply 11
No but in the email he said we have checked so I’m assuming he took the papers to my maths teacher

Ok that seems likely. He should have made it clearer in the email.
Original post by Notnek
Ok that seems likely. He should have made it clearer in the email.

Yeh he should’ve tbh, what if I’m getting my hopes up for no reason yikes
Reply 13
Yeh he should’ve tbh, what if I’m getting my hopes up for no reason yikes

Why not email back asking if your papers were checked and if a teacher thinks that one may go up in marks?
Original post by Notnek
Why not email back asking if your papers were checked and if a teacher thinks that one may go up in marks?

Nah I get the impression he’s kinda pissed cba explaining
Original post by Notnek

Also, how long do u think it’ll take to get back to me? It got requested today at about 11
Reply 16
Also, how long do u think it’ll take to get back to me? It got requested today at about 11

Last year for Edexcel non-priority remarks took 4.0 days on average and priority remarks took 1.7 days. So you hopefully won't need to wait long.
Original post by Notnek
Last year for Edexcel non-priority remarks took 4.0 days on average and priority remarks took 1.7 days. So you hopefully won't need to wait long.

Sorry what’s a priority remark and which one have I chosen? So my average time is about 2 days?
Sorry if I sound stupid lol
Reply 18
Sorry what’s a priority remark and which one have I chosen? So my average time is about 2 days?
Sorry if I sound stupid lol

I don't know which one was chosen, more likely non-priority unless something depends on it e.g. a college application.
Original post by Notnek
I don't know which one was chosen, more likely non-priority unless something depends on it e.g. a college application.

Yes my college subjects do depend on this, but I didn’t tell him this :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest