The Student Room Group

KPMG 2020 Graduate Programme

Hey, I’ve noticed KPMG have changed their recruitment process for 2020. I was wondering anyone has any further information to help prepare or experience of the process? 🙂

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It seems mostly identical to that of EY's learning for a changing world part of their assessment.

It basically combines all of the typical tests into one, such as numerical, verbal reasoning etc.

I didn't find it too difficult, just make sure you look heavily into KPMG core values and link these into your order of answers.

Because its a new assessment from last year, feedback could be up to 6 weeks... :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Silvalry
It seems mostly identical to that of EY's learning for a changing world part of their assessment.

It basically combines all of the typical tests into one, such as numerical, verbal reasoning etc.

I didn't find it too difficult, just make sure you look heavily into KPMG core values and link these into your order of answers.

Because its a new assessment from last year, feedback could be up to 6 weeks... :frown:

Hi, thanks for giving your feedback.

I am going to do the test on Monday, hopefully, I don't find it too bad. Did you get an initial report straight away or is that also 6 weeks waiting.

Out of curiosity, what role did you apply for? I applied for Audit ACA - empowered.

Hi Silvalry, thank you for your post! 🙂

Do you know roughly how long it took you?

6 weeks is long ☹️ hopefully you hear back quickly because they’ve not been open that long.

It would be great if you could keep me posted on the next stages or the feedback you receive.
Reply 4
Original post by megan.humphrey
Hi Silvalry, thank you for your post! 🙂

Do you know roughly how long it took you?

6 weeks is long ☹️ hopefully you hear back quickly because they’ve not been open that long.

It would be great if you could keep me posted on the next stages or the feedback you receive.

You get a feedback port immediately emailed to you, telling you which are your top 2 and Bottom 2 KPMG Core Values.

The report isn't reflective fo the decision though. Just says that it will take up to 6 weeks for a decision onto the next stage because it's a new assessment method :frown:

Original post by ALI_123
Hi, thanks for giving your feedback.

I am going to do the test on Monday, hopefully, I don't find it too bad. Did you get an initial report straight away or is that also 6 weeks waiting.

Out of curiosity, what role did you apply for? I applied for Audit ACA - empowered.

I applied for empowered! For their Reading Office :smile:
Reply 5
You get a feedback port immediately emailed to you, telling you which are your top 2 and Bottom 2 KPMG Core Values.

The report isn't reflective fo the decision though. Just says that it will take up to 6 weeks for a decision onto the next stage because it's a new assessment method :frown:

I applied for empowered! For their Reading Office :smile:

A shame that you have to wait 6 weeks... 😪.

That's great! Nice to know we chose the same route - I applied for their Gatwick office :smile:
Reply 6
Hello there! I am also on the application process and I had the test (+ the report) on the 11th of August. After that, I received an email about a week later, stating that I should send them my qualifications (GCSE + Undergraduate Degree) in order to consider my application further. I don't really know if it means that I passed the first online assessment and I will move to the next one (which seems a bit complicated - last year's seemed more straightforward).

By the way, I applied for the Strategy Consulting role in London.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh really? 🤔Seems odd that they're asking for all that so early. I have a few friends who will start working at EY and PWC and they didn't get asked for any educational certificates until they got offered the job after the assessment centre...
Reply 8
Oh really? 🤔Seems odd that they're asking for all that so early. I have a few friends who will start working at EY and PWC and they didn't get asked for any educational certificates until they got offered the job after the assessment centre...

Well, the same thing happened last year, so I did not find it odd this time. I suppose the reason they did it, is my educational background (non-UK and with A-Level equivalents)
Has anyone heard yet anything? I applied to management consulting in Manchester on the 4th of August. A week ago I got an email asking about my work status (if i am eligible to work within the UK - I am an EU citizen).
Original post by Maslina123
Has anyone heard yet anything? I applied to management consulting in Manchester on the 4th of August. A week ago I got an email asking about my work status (if i am eligible to work within the UK - I am an EU citizen).

I applied 1st August, got an email 16th asking for clarifications. I'm taking this as news that we should expect to hear soon. Applied for Analytics.
I haven't heard a single update and I applied on the 5th August. I am British and so are all my qualifications so maybe that's why because they automatically recognise them.

Will be 3 weeks tomorrow, and could be waiting another 3 after that if going by the 6 weeks feedback recommendation 😅😅
Reply 12
I haven't heard a single update and I applied on the 5th August. I am British and so are all my qualifications so maybe that's why because they automatically recognise them.

Will be 3 weeks tomorrow, and could be waiting another 3 after that if going by the 6 weeks feedback recommendation 😅😅

I did mine almost 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything from them yet. Though, I have seen this happen to some people and they are British also.
Reply 13
I didn't know there was one, it never said so on their website :s
Reply 14
Didn't pass the EY numerical test (the proper 12 question test after their assessment suite thing), hoping the KPMG one goes better, where I'm applying for an audit role in the London office. Any advice on websites where I can access free tests or buy them for cheap? Thanks.
Original post by SSJ100
Didn't pass the EY numerical test (the proper 12 question test after their assessment suite thing), hoping the KPMG one goes better, where I'm applying for an audit role in the London office. Any advice on websites where I can access free tests or buy them for cheap? Thanks.

Doesn't EY open next week? Or is that just some roles? I just got an email a few minutes ago saying applications open Monday
Hi guys,

I am starting at KPMG over the next few weeks on the 2019 scheme.

If last year is anything to go by it may take them a while to get back to you with assessment days ect so don’t worry!

Good luck!
Original post by SSJ100

Snap! I failed it too...

Keep in mind, you can apply to EY twice every 12 months so maybe see if you can practice some online and try again in a month or 2?
Reply 18
Original post by alexs2602
Doesn't EY open next week? Or is that just some roles? I just got an email a few minutes ago saying applications open Monday

I applied for a graduate tax role for 2020 in the Reading office, applications I assume were open as I did the online tests
Reply 19
Snap! I failed it too...

Keep in mind, you can apply to EY twice every 12 months so maybe see if you can practice some online and try again in a month or 2?

It did say twice in 12 months but it also said I can't apply for another 6 months lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending