The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Jumped on the bizarre King --> Pukki bandwagon.

We'll see how this rolls out.
Reply 61
Original post by hogree

At less than 7m you have to go for Pukki - not just as a reactionary thing, but because of how well Norwich attack and how clinical he is.

Depending on how Wolves get on, I might downgrade Jiminez to Pukki.
Original post by hogree

Rolling pretty well it seems!
Original post by Lúcio
At less than 7m you have to go for Pukki - not just as a reactionary thing, but because of how well Norwich attack and how clinical he is.

Depending on how Wolves get on, I might downgrade Jiminez to Pukki.

First player in Premier League history to score 4 goals in his first 2 games, not bad eh? Had to bring him in this week, I know i've missed his haul so it does feel like points chasing but with his next two Chelsea and West Ham (neither known for their defensive prowess) it's still possible he returns. Norwich remind me so much of Bournemouth when they came up.

Even if he flops he's double rising this week, so it's another 0.1 for when I probably wildcard after GW4.

My main aim this season is to stop being so reactionary as that's what has stopped me really pushing for that top 10-20k. Never got through the first 4 weeks without taking a hit before but i'm all set to change that this time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by sr90
First player in Premier League history to score 4 goals in his first 2 games, not bad eh? Had to bring him in this week, I know i've missed his haul so it does feel like points chasing but with his next two Chelsea and West Ham (neither known for their defensive prowess) it's still possible he returns. Norwich remind me so much of Bournemouth when they came up.

Even if he flops he's double rising this week, so it's another 0.1 for when I probably wildcard after GW4.

My main aim this season is to stop being so reactionary as that's what has stopped me really pushing for that top 10-20k. Never got through the first 4 weeks without taking a hit before but i'm all set to change that this time.

I’m having a nightmare because I’m 0.2m away from being able to go Jiminez + Vardy -> Pukki + Kane/Auba.

Think I’ll keep Jiminez and get Martial in midfield instead
Original post by Lúcio
I’m having a nightmare because I’m 0.2m away from being able to go Jiminez + Vardy -> Pukki + Kane/Auba.

Think I’ll keep Jiminez and get Martial in midfield instead

I'm surprised Vardy's been so quiet, he was in a lot of my drafts this summer.
Reply 66
Original post by sr90

Well don’t forget he wasn’t far off Golden Boot last season; he can be immense at times so 9m wasn’t a bad price at all.

However at that price you expect more than he’s been giving, and I feel like right now the money could be used with greater effectiveness elsewhere.
Original post by sr90

The Rodgers effect. Brentan lives for boring football while being a general twat, so he's had no service.

Also, realised I just got auto carried over into the league and never posted team name - team name is Praetatouille
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The Rodgers effect. Brentan lives for boring football while being a general twat, so he's had no service.

Also, realised I just got auto carried over into the league and never posted team name - team name is Praetatouille

Predictably off the mark today, as a Wednesday fan he would have been extra determined to score at the Lane.

55 from 5 so far, Pukki and Salah have done some serious damage.
Original post by sr90
Predictably off the mark today, as a Wednesday fan he would have been extra determined to score at the Lane.

55 from 5 so far, Pukki and Salah have done some serious damage.

Decent finish but it was about the only service into him quick enough, we got away with it.

So, I played a 3-4-3 with Haller, Pukki and Rashford up top. Guess which one I captained? :colonhash:
Can't believe I only brought Pukki in on a whim on Friday late afternoon.

Relying on Liverpool and United defenders was perhaps less of a great idea in hindsight though...
Reply 71
I'm top of the league!!

..but I forgot to register for this ****ing season, FFS :facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:
They're outperforming last season's Fraser and Wilson at the moment though. A lot of solid mid-priced midfielders and forwards. There's less reliance on premiums this season.
Crazy how Wilson has dropped in price despite returning every single week. Possibly flying under the radar here because of his price and other explosive forwards.
Original post by GrandMedic
Crazy how Wilson has dropped in price despite returning every single week. Possibly flying under the radar here because of his price and other explosive forwards.

Bournemouth attacking players do look as though they could be a worthwhile investment with their fixtures, however he's at a very awkward price up against Pukki, Abraham & Haller who are all cheaper and scoring goals. Most people would struggle fitting him in.

I was legitimately angry when Sterling didn't play but it actually worked out quite well. Now get Lundstram's 12 points off the bench and Aubameyang at home to a newly promoted side should, on paper at least, be a decent captain.
Reply 75
Original post by sr90
Bournemouth attacking players do look as though they could be a worthwhile investment with their fixtures, however he's at a very awkward price up against Pukki, Abraham & Haller who are all cheaper and scoring goals. Most people would struggle fitting him in.

I was legitimately angry when Sterling didn't play but it actually worked out quite well. Now get Lundstram's 12 points off the bench and Aubameyang at home to a newly promoted side should, on paper at least, be a decent captain.

I was the same but VC was De Bruyne, with Zinchenko replaced by Lundstram.
One of unlucky ones who didn't get lundstam coming on.

I've made a good captaincy call every GW this season which keeps me in top 100k comfortably after this week finishes unless we other big players score big.

KDB was definitely my pick of the season and captained him for his two big balls when sterling did nothing.

wildcarded now. question is mount or Bernardo Silva. city have some big games coming up and he offers great value but by keeping mount I can bring in Callum Wilson. tough calls.
77 points, gone from rank 506k to 50k within two weeks which i'm pretty chuffed about.

Going to give Sterling another week. He should be raring to go against a poor Everton defence.
Original post by Gob Bluth
One of unlucky ones who didn't get lundstam coming on.

I've made a good captaincy call every GW this season which keeps me in top 100k comfortably after this week finishes unless we other big players score big.

KDB was definitely my pick of the season and captained him for his two big balls when sterling did nothing.

wildcarded now. question is mount or Bernardo Silva. city have some big games coming up and he offers great value but by keeping mount I can bring in Callum Wilson. tough calls.

Mount for sure for me. Not keen on Bernando for FPL.

Lundstrum top scoring defender is absurd. Why FPL ever put him as a defender still baffles me. Yet to own him this season :frown: Another tough week and a poor start to the season worsens..
thread seems dead.

I am getting incredible lucky with captain choices this season. Due to KDBs injury Mane was my best choice having just brought him in for Salah. considering I didn't have sterling I was very worried but it's one of those big gaining weeks I get as a result of the risk. Not having sterling has worried me but the amount of times people have had 2 from captaining him recently shows I have made the right choice. lots of luck involved though but his output from the last 6 has been so poor I'm not sure what I'd do if I had him now as the next 3 are genuinely great fixtures bit so we're the last 3 or 4 or so.

Latest