Rayku
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a GCSE student who wants to do A level Maths and physics and art, for my results I got a 7 (A) in maths and 6 (B) in Physics.
I need help and advice on how to get to enjoy and like maths and physics more cos I wanna do architecture in the future and the only place I excel in is Art and Design.
I've bought quite a few books for each in preparation for A level but I just want some more tips on like getting started better and earlier.
Also, I'm trying to look for a good tuition place for both maths and physics that I want to start rn as early as possible to get a head start in school.
It would be much appreciated if anyone can help 😭
Zeinxh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi freescience lessons on youtube is gonna make A level videos for the sciences this year and he is SUCH A LEGEND HONESTLY so watch them when they come out because they’re based off the AQA specification and his GCSE videos were so helpful. For Maths Khan Academy was good but idk if they have A level videos? and for tuition there’s loads of tutors around it just depends on where you live tbh so i cant help much with that. I’m like you and wanna do Art, Maths and physics for A level and go on to do architecture but i’m the complete opposite i hate art and am good at maths and physics 😬 sorry i wasn’t that helpful but good luckkkk
Rayku
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zeinxh)
Hi freescience lessons on youtube is gonna make A level videos for the sciences this year and he is SUCH A LEGEND HONESTLY so watch them when they come out because they’re based off the AQA specification and his GCSE videos were so helpful. For Maths Khan Academy was good but idk if they have A level videos? and for tuition there’s loads of tutors around it just depends on where you live tbh so i cant help much with that. I’m like you and wanna do Art, Maths and physics for A level and go on to do architecture but i’m the complete opposite i hate art and am good at maths and physics 😬 sorry i wasn’t that helpful but good luckkkk
Yhhh I used FSL sm for gcses and they were helpful but when I checked he didn't do a level stuff so hopefully when he does that'll help. Yh I heard about Khan academy but I found it a bit confusing to use. But I'll give it another try anyways.
Haha, well I'm good at maths but I just hate physics cos everytime I don't understand something I just get pissed off idk why but I just find it a bit hard to understand **** at times. I live in Walthamstow but idk any good tuitions here, idk if you could help with that lol but it's cool. Thanks anyways man and good luck to you too
Nithumigah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For Maths, it is practice. The more frequently you practice Maths, the more you will improve as the topics will become easier and this is key as topics build upon each other. A great website for Maths and physics is PhysicsandMathstutor which has lots of practice questions and past papers. If you wat to aim for that A star in Maths, I recommend you stay on top of things. For example, if you did a lesson on Completing the square, do the corresponding questions in your textbook on the topic you did in class . This will help you get the best possible marks on End of topic tests. Once you know all the content, you should then move onto past papers and this will enable you to exceed in Maths . hope this helps
Last edited by Nithumigah; 1 month ago
Rayku
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nithumigah)
For Maths, it is practice. The more frequently you practice Maths, the more you will improve as the topics will become easier and this is key as topics build upon each other. A great website for Maths and physics is PhysicsandMathstutor which has lots of practice questions and past papers. If you wat to aim for that A star in Maths, I recommend you stay on top of things. For example, if you did a lesson on Completing the square, do the corresponding questions in your textbook on the topic you did in class . This will help you get the best possible marks on End of topic tests. Once you know all the content, you should then move onto past papers and this will enable you to exceed in Maths . hope this helps
Yeah I hear you, as of rn I'm practicing maths, just going over the key topics of the first paper for a level and doing questions on them for recap. I have a number of books as well which I got from my cousin and bought my self but I just need some advice on when to use them? If that makes sense. thanks anyways
Rayku
Rep:
?
Name:  image-d26d07e0-deb8-453a-bb81-ffc77daf6278334833851620377690-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  69.1 KB
Rayku
Rep:
?
The top row is what my cousin gave, the bottom is what I bought
Maths1210
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rayku)
I'm a GCSE student who wants to do A level Maths and physics and art, for my results I got a 7 (A) in maths and 6 (B) in Physics.
I need help and advice on how to get to enjoy and like maths and physics more cos I wanna do architecture in the future and the only place I excel in is Art and Design.
I've bought quite a few books for each in preparation for A level but I just want some more tips on like getting started better and earlier.
Also, I'm trying to look for a good tuition place for both maths and physics that I want to start rn as early as possible to get a head start in school.
It would be much appreciated if anyone can help 😭
Watch Veritasium and other youtube channels. It will teach you about physics and help get you motivated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads