The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine

I got a 7 in English Literature but I got a 9 in all the sciences, maths and further maths. Will I still be able to apply for medicine in universities like Cambridge, UCL or Imperial?
Yes!
Reply 2
Original post by Sannah 21
Yes!

Thank you for your reply.
Reply 3
Original post by mannumo
I got a 7 in English Literature but I got a 9 in all the sciences, maths and further maths. Will I still be able to apply for medicine in universities like Cambridge, UCL or Imperial?

Have you looked at their GCSE requirements? The med school websites are where you are going to get that answer
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD
Have you looked at their GCSE requirements? The med school websites are where you are going to get that answer

I have and I'm only 1 grade above the minimum requirement, but I'm doubting if I will get in since, I'm assuming, the majority of students get at least an 8.
Original post by mannumo
I have and I'm only 1 grade above the minimum requirement, but I'm doubting if I will get in since, I'm assuming, the majority of students get at least an 8.

Ur 1 grade above
That’s amazing then
Ur defo gonna get in
hate to be the guy to say this;

but i think you knew your answer right before asking on TSR.
Original post by acromo123

😂😂😂😂
Reply 8
Original post by mannumo

Cambridge and Imperial do not use GCSEs for selecting for interview, so as long as you meet minimum requirements, they will not be assessed further in deciding who to interview
Original post by mannumo

Which minimum requirement is that?
Reply 10
Original post by ageshallnot
Which minimum requirement is that?

The GCSE minimum requirement for GCSEs, I would presume is what is meant. Though i don't think any of them use Eng Lit.......
Reply 11
Original post by acromo123

Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to say this, but I thought that if someone had gone through a similar situation they may be able to help.
Original post by GANFYD
The GCSE minimum requirement for GCSEs, I would presume is what is meant. Though i don't think any of them use Eng Lit.......

Exactly my thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending