The Student Room Group

Would this put a woman at a disadvantage for dating?

If a 35 year old female lived alone, was single, no kids seemed to like/not mind her own company and was very into keeping fit/sports would it put you off dating her? I mean would you think something was wrong in that she wasn't settled down?
I wouldn't personally see an issue with it. (Un)fortunately it's one of those things that comes down to preference. Some would find it attractive, some wouldn't be phased, others would see it as a no.

Sorry I couldn't be more definite pal, it's unfortunately one of those things that you just have to find out for yourself by putting yourself out there
I would be sceptical, but not immediately put off.

I've met too many late 20s/early 30s women that live alone and are single that are just walking red flags, no matter how attractive or sporty they were.

This also applies to men too.
Original post by Anonymous
If a 35 year old female lived alone, was single, no kids seemed to like/not mind her own company and was very into keeping fit/sports would it put you off dating her? I mean would you think something was wrong in that she wasn't settled down?

I think a lot of guys find the fact of not having kids attractive.. as sad as that may be.
Most older (by that I mean 30s+) women who are single typically have kids.
Reply 4
I would be sceptical, but not immediately put off.

I've met too many late 20s/early 30s women that live alone and are single that are just walking red flags, no matter how attractive or sporty they were.

This also applies to men too.

Would you be less sceptical if she lived with parents/relatives? I mean if she didn't have a partner she's limited on who to live with.
Would you be less sceptical if she lived with parents/relatives? I mean if she didn't have a partner she's limited on who to live with.

Unfortunately not, it could be even more worrisome if anything else, e.g. are her parents very possessive, is she unable to live on her own/support herself, is it going to lead to a poor relationship dynamic.

Anecdotally, it's usually been one of the three.
Reply 6
for marriages of opposite-sex couples, the average age for men marrying in 2016 was 37.9 years, while for women it was 35.5 years.

for first marriages of opposite-sex couples, the average age of single men was 33.4 years and for women was 31.5 years (source :smile:)

life isn't over when you're 35. lol might seem old when you're 15 but there's still lots of living to do and people still have sex and want companionship. if you're talking about yourself you shouldn't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending