Old girl vs new girl Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I’m probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but please accept this is a very confusing time for me...

I’ve been in a relationship for three years now, and she’s great, but recently I’ve gotten very close to a girl I used to work with.

It used to be platonic but she actually left the company last year and we’ve grown really close since, because we’ve both been through a hard time and both been there for each other.

We rarely actually meet up because we’re both quite busy, and obviously I already have a girlfriend so trying not to get too involved, but this new girl and I just have such great chemistry together and at times I feel like there’s more of a connection there but not sure if it’s case of grass is greener on the other side.

She confessed to me a few months back that she had feelings for me and that she needed to take space because she knows that I have a girlfriend and that nothing can happen.

Anyway, a few weeks after that, it was my birthday and new girl ended up getting me a first edition copy of a book from one my all-time favourite authors.

However, after I thanked her, and she acknowledged, things went very quiet and haven’t heard from her since. (Been a few weeks now) and she still hasn’t replied to my last message (which was full of questions) and she normally always texts back, usually same day, so this is very unusual for her. She has still been liking my stuff on social media though...

Anyone able to explain what this silence is or where her head might be at? I feel like she’s always hot or cold and it’s all very confusing.

I know I shouldn’t be pursuing, which is why I haven’t asked her directly, but I can’t seem to get her out of my head!
Shisha s
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys,

I’m probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but please accept this is a very confusing time for me...

I’ve been in a relationship for three years now, and she’s great, but recently I’ve gotten very close to a girl I used to work with.

It used to be platonic but she actually left the company last year and we’ve grown really close since, because we’ve both been through a hard time and both been there for each other.

We rarely actually meet up because we’re both quite busy, and obviously I already have a girlfriend so trying not to get too involved, but this new girl and I just have such great chemistry together and at times I feel like there’s more of a connection there but not sure if it’s case of grass is greener on the other side.

She confessed to me a few months back that she had feelings for me and that she needed to take space because she knows that I have a girlfriend and that nothing can happen.

Anyway, a few weeks after that, it was my birthday and new girl ended up getting me a first edition copy of a book from one my all-time favourite authors.

However, after I thanked her, and she acknowledged, things went very quiet and haven’t heard from her since. (Been a few weeks now) and she still hasn’t replied to my last message (which was full of questions) and she normally always texts back, usually same day, so this is very unusual for her. She has still been liking my stuff on social media though...

Anyone able to explain what this silence is or where her head might be at? I feel like she’s always hot or cold and it’s all very confusing.

I know I shouldn’t be pursuing, which is why I haven’t asked her directly, but I can’t seem to get her out of my head!
Been together a whole 3 years Babe ! Regardless of youses ages you should see yourself marrying this girl and any minor communication on your half should be seen as cheating and if you loved her you'd feel a pang of guilt I suggest being mutual with the new girl because you can't avoid her and you can't chase a cat that's stuck in a tree don't look for her and don't look to avoid her , and spend more time telling your girlfriend about your interests , I think the extra attention and feeling cared for has just got to your head. A bit m8 anyways like the say absence makes the heart grow fonder ! Wishing you all the best xox (ugh ! Men are such idiots ; ) ) O YEA are you thinking With your head or your **** m8 ?
Last edited by Shisha s; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads