The Student Room Group

How to tell your crush you like them (via text)

Scroll to see replies

If he tells people, that's kinda a d*** move anyways, and honestly I might just move on. However, it sounds like you're really into this guy, so maybe give him a ring if you have his number, and just pour your heart out? I know it can be hard but sometimes the best thing to do is going out of your comfort zone and just tell him directly how you feel.

Original post by Anonymous
Just checked it and he went offline when I told him it was him so he isn't ignoring me he probably a thinking what to say or he had to go off.

yeah exactly, he might just be thinking ya know
Original post by shtowgi03
If he tells people, that's kinda a d*** move anyways, and honestly I might just move on. However, it sounds like you're really into this guy, so maybe give him a ring if you have his number, and just pour your heart out? I know it can be hard but sometimes the best thing to do is going out of your comfort zone and just tell him directly how you feel.

yeah exactly, he might just be thinking ya know

I've been nervous to tell him for so long so I just told him.

I don't have his number i only have him on instagram
Congrats! All will work out. Trust me : ). if not with him, then with someone else !
We are 13 and ive never had a boyfriend (not even the silly ones at primary school) so I wouldn't do that

any 'relationship' at 13 is silly anyway lol
Original post by shtowgi03
Congrats! All will work out. Trust me : ). if not with him, then with someone else !

He's just came on and saw the message when I said can you not tell anyone and he went off again.

any 'relationship' at 13 is silly anyway lol

I mean like the ones at primary school that you are with for like a day and then get a new one
Problem is I don't know if he's still with his girlfriend because they got together on the last day but most girls break up with him after a few days or weeks

Erm - have you considered that there's probably a good reason for this and a sign to stay away?
Original post by _polaroid
Erm - have you considered that there's probably a good reason for this and a sign to stay away?

Most girls use him or don't want to be with him because they think he's gay or weird (people call him gay but I don't think he is)
Most girls use him or don't want to be with him because they think he's gay or weird (people call him gay but I don't think he is)

But you think all these girls are untrustworthy? Surely there must be SOME truth to it for all of these girls to go off him. Don't allow love to make you blind to reality.
Original post by _polaroid
But you think all these girls are untrustworthy? Surely there must be SOME truth to it for all of these girls to go off him. Don't allow love to make you blind to reality.

I know him well and he's a good guy. Even if I didn't have a crush on him I would think that because hes a good friend. Like he can be annoying sometimes but he isn't a bad person cos if he was i wouldn't be his friend and would stay away from him even if I did have a crush on him cos if he was a bad person I wouldn't want to be involved in it
So he's online and hasn't replied should I say sorry for making it awkward or something? Cos I guess it's a no

Idk why I thought he would even like me back
Should I?
Or should I just leave it and not say anything because he has seen my messages and has been online but hasn't replied
If you were me how would you tell him/what would you say

1) I can't tell you exactly how to have a convo with him, but you need to make sure he doesn't give one-worded answers.
My advice would be to leave him to his business, as he clearly isn't giving you enough attention (see other people's comments).

If you still believe you can change his mind, then see below.

A scenario conversation (detailed) would go like this:
You: Hey
Him: Hey
You: So how was your day?
Him: It was ok [terrible answer, so press for more details]
Him: It was fine, you? [another terrible answer]
Him: It was really good thanks. I did.... [the best answer]
When he lists something, select it and ask a question based on it, eg: if he says 'I went for lunch with friends', ask where.
If you talk about hobbies, suggest to meet up for drinks in a coffee shop to discuss in more detail.

How to ask him out:
You: So I was wondering, would you like to meet up with me for a proper catch-up? Say (insert time) at (insert place) on (insert day of week / weekend)?
Him: Yeah, that would be nice / lovely [best answer]
Him: I can't, I have plans [terrible answer, ask him to reschedule his plans, claim it's urgent or you're going on holiday and need to see him]
Him: No thanks. [worst answer, but if he says this, thank him for his time and Move On!]

Hope this helps in some way.
You're 13. As "relationships" at that age tend to only last for a matter of weeks, ask however you like. Your actions will be forgotten very quickly.
I told him I liked him and it wont ruin our friendship on saturday and he saw it and didn't reply. On Sunday I told him I hope it didn't ruin our friendship and I understand he probably doesn't like me. He saw it and hasn't replied

So he's ignoring me and next Wednesday it's gonna be awkward cos he will ignore me probs
you don't
Original post by mpaprika
you don't

Did you even read my update? I already have...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending