The Student Room Group

English literature GCSE ccea predictions 2019

I'm doing of mice and men and just wondering if anybody may have any strong feelings as to what the question might be? I think it might be George and Lennie.
I am doing english literature on CCEA as well (poetry anthology 2, omam, inspector calls) but i doubt it will be george and lennie as that was the coursework - i think it will be on Curley, Curley’s wife or Slim.
Reply 2
I'm praying for Curley's wife! We did Candy for our controlled assessment because apparently George and Lennie are the most difficult characters. So let's just hope it is not going to be them.
Oh dang! I didn’t you could do any character. Our controlled assessment was about loyalty in terms of George and Lennie. Well, then that’s Candy crossed off my list. Really do think it will be Curley or Curley’s wife. Hopefully Curley’s wife as I have an essay made on her that was a previous homework. I would say Crooks but that was last year’s paper so its basically a no. Also nice to see other CCEA victims on here!
Original post by WhyCCEAwhy
I'm praying for Curley's wife! We did Candy for our controlled assessment because apparently George and Lennie are the most difficult characters. So let's just hope it is not going to be them.
are are you revising the poems ? there’s just so many !
Original post by GiftedBurnout
I am doing english literature on CCEA as well (poetry anthology 2, omam, inspector calls) but i doubt it will be george and lennie as that was the coursework - i think it will be on Curley, Curley’s wife or Slim.
I have 3 days before English literature unit 2, so im going to get the general gist of most of the poems, including their content, context, voice, tone, language, rhyme and structure/form. Then spend the rest of my days looking at inspector calls stuff mainly focusing on characters.
Original post by Sophia252
are are you revising the poems ? there’s just so many !
Reply 6
Yes, it is great to see others for CCEA on here because everybody just seems to be from AQA or some other English board. For the theme I think it will be loneliness however I am feeling a little more confident that the question will not be on George or Lennie because the question on the specimen paper was to do with George. Curley has not come up in years so I feel that it mat be him however Curley's wife would be a dream as she is such an easy character and can easily be applied to any question.
Oh dang! I didn’t you could do any character. Our controlled assessment was about loyalty in terms of George and Lennie. Well, then that’s Candy crossed off my list. Really do think it will be Curley or Curley’s wife. Hopefully Curley’s wife as I have an essay made on her that was a previous homework. I would say Crooks but that was last year’s paper so its basically a no. Also nice to see other CCEA victims on here!
Reply 7
How did y'all find the exam @GiftedBurnout
Debatable. The questions were horrendous, like this is a go at CCEA. Genuinely do not understand why they would choose that character, when it was part of the specimen and he featured on my coursework also. Like there is so much characters that have not been chosen since 2011 yet they keep asking the same ones? Therefore i didn’t know anything on that one and had to choose the them question which was okay i guess. Like i’m happy with it for the most part, just a bit scared as i wrote 13 pages on just of mice and men and i’m scared it’s all a bit irrelevant:/ Definitely not my best, but it was ok - just do not understand the question choice. How about you?
You wrote 13 pages in the exam ?! if so fair play ahaha that’s a lot . How much did u get done for the prose ?
Debatable. The questions were horrendous, like this is a go at CCEA. Genuinely do not understand why they would choose that character, when it was part of the specimen and he featured on my coursework also. Like there is so much characters that have not been chosen since 2011 yet they keep asking the same ones? Therefore i didn’t know anything on that one and had to choose the them question which was okay i guess. Like i’m happy with it for the most part, just a bit scared as i wrote 13 pages on just of mice and men and i’m scared it’s all a bit irrelevant:/ Definitely not my best, but it was ok - just do not understand the question choice. How about you?
Reply 10
I very much agree with you. But how on earth did you write 13 pages? I wrote five and a quarter. I chose theme too BTW. The questions were absolutely horrific. What even was the theme question? I nearly went into cardiac arrest this morning when I opened the paper and saw Lennie's name. That exact question was asked on him in 2013 I think and I actually looked at it yesterday and said to myself there is no way I could answer that! Looking on the bright side of things at least the prose wasn't too hard. Now let's brace ourselves for maths tomorrow!
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone prediction on an inspector calls
Reply 12
How did everyone do on unit 1?
Original post by b_f
How did everyone do on unit 1?

i got an A, 59/60. honestly don’t even know how i pulled it off tbh but lennie was one of the only characters i revised so i was so relieved to see him on the exam. i HATED the english language paper though.
Reply 14
Original post by aimeec13
i got an A, 59/60. honestly don’t even know how i pulled it off tbh but lennie was one of the only characters i revised so i was so relieved to see him on the exam. i HATED the english language paper though.

Ye I got 49 like no idea how I got an A even my teacher thought I messed it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending