The Student Room Group

Will I ever find love?

So I’m 19 and female and never had a boyfriend - out of choice.

I’m only attracted to guys who I find intelligent or different (basically nerds)

I’ve rejected a lot of guys I just wasn’t interested in and the ones I was didn’t like me or were taken

I just feel like I’ll never find someone I like and who likes me back.

Just also wanna day I do know I am attractive, I’m always hit on, been asked out lots, always told I’m beautiful by basically everyone I meet and I’m a solid 8/10 so I don’t think my physical aspects are an issue (I also go to the gym)

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

stop going for nerds and start dating Chads lol😂
From what I can tell you're doing fine
I think you attract what you are.
If you're surrounded by "intelligent" people, then you're likely to meet people who may be potential partners.

You seem to be fine, honestly I'm very similar to you and I'm happy with how I am.

Wish you the best! :smile:
Reply 4
no
Reply 5
Relax brudda you’ll find someone soon BELIEVE IN YOUR SAUCE and you already know you a bad ***** so no dw about it it’s good that you know what you want and you’re not settling LUV THAT XXX
I think what you’re doing is good tbh. The fact that you are sticking to who you are attracted to and not going with others is good because it means you know what you want which means when you do find someone it will be everything you want
Original post by gjd800
no

At least you were honest with OP.
Reply 8
Original post by Precious Illusions
At least you were honest with OP.

I like to deliver doses of reality in my spare time.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

I’m only attracted to guys who I find intelligent or different (basically nerds)

I’ve rejected a lot of guys I just wasn’t interested in and the ones I was didn’t like me or were taken

Just also wanna day I do know I am attractive, I’m always hit on, been asked out lots, always told I’m beautiful by basically everyone I meet and I’m a solid 8/10 so I don’t think my physical aspects are an issue (I also go to the gym)

What should I do?

If it's out of choice...wtf is the point of this post?
Reply 10
Original post by Spanx

Exactly...

The attitude is the barrier
Reply 11
Original post by Spanx

LOOOOL that made me laugh but no ofc it’s out of choice she’s probably frustrated by the fact that it’s been 19 years and she’s never come across anyone she actually wants to get with she’s not gonna get into a relationship just for the bants she wants it to be real and she’d be faking it otherwise

What should I do?

Lady, you're only 19 which means you're very young. You're going to find to love. Good things come to those who wait.
So you're remaining single entirely by choice. I'm not really sure what you're complaining about lol.

You are clearly getting loads of male attention, so you could easily have a partner if you wanted.
If you've stayed single all this time out of choice but unhappy with the guys who have approached you, maybe its time to lower your standards/expectations slightly? I'm not saying get with a proper loser, just don't wait for the perfect guy to appear on your doorstep because you may be waiting a very long time.
Reply 15
You seem a very intelligent girl.
What university are you in? What do you major in?

Here's your problem.

Real relationships aren't like a Hollywood movie. It's not love at first sight. In secondary school people are under the impression that two people need to start off with mutual crushes to be able to date (hence all the threads we get on here going "does (s)he like me I won't ask her out until I'm certain?") but that's not how it works in the real world. In adult relationships people date to get to know each other first. If you're rejecting guys based on not feeling anything toward them at first sight you're not giving yourself a chance to even get to know them.
Original post by rjckk
You seem a very intelligent girl.
What university are you in? What do you major in?

Mate, that's creepy.
love will come in due time, there’s someone out there for everyone
Original post by T-seriesTSR
From what I can tell you're doing fine

How an earth does that sound like I am doing fine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending