The Student Room Group

Dunraven sixth form

I have heard of Dunraven however it is quite a small school. If you have heard of it/ been to it or know people who go would you say it is a school worth going to? What do you think is good/bad about it?
Reply 1
Original post by maria_pineappe
I have heard of Dunraven however it is quite a small school. If you have heard of it/ been to it or know people who go would you say it is a school worth going to? What do you think is good/bad about it?

I didn't attend Dunraven 6th form but I have heard very good things about the school in general - both secondary and 6th form. It has an Ofsted Outstanding rating and seems to be a pretty good school. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I didn't attend Dunraven 6th form but I have heard very good things about the school in general - both secondary and 6th form. It has an Ofsted Outstanding rating and seems to be a pretty good school. :smile:

I live near that area and I would say the same thing too

Small world eh
I’ve applied for the sixth form thanks for the insight guys :smile:
What’s the dress code like there?
Original post by 🧡Hajera
I’ve applied for the sixth form thanks for the insight guys :smile:

Omg same! I just had my interview a couple days ago
Original post by Simi.ayobee
Omg same! I just had my interview a couple days ago

I haven’t had my interview yet and they haven’t emailed me about one 🤷🏿*♀️ btw what did u apply for
I think they’re doing two sets of interviews, so you’ll probably get an interview soon, and do you mean what subjects I chose?
I think they’re doing two sets of interviews, so you’ll probably get an interview soon, and do you mean what subjects I chose?

Yh the subjects. What did they ask u in the interview btw
Erm I chose chemistry, biology and psychology, they ask many questions, like where do you see yourself in the future, what job you want to pursue and why, why did you choose to go to the school, what makes a successful sixthforms, but they have a massive list of different questions, so it depends on what questions the teacher wants to ask you, I’m gonna assume that you’re in the second set of interviewers? So you should be having yours soon
Erm I chose chemistry, biology and psychology, they ask many questions, like where do you see yourself in the future, what job you want to pursue and why, why did you choose to go to the school, what makes a successful sixthforms, but they have a massive list of different questions, so it depends on what questions the teacher wants to ask you, I’m gonna assume that you’re in the second set of interviewers? So you should be having yours soon

Oh okay I picked graphics, media and ict I might change something to business idk 🤷🏿*♀️ thank u btw and hopefully I’ll get an interview soon 😂
Good luck 😁
Good luck 😁

What made u apply for dunraven btw?? Also do u know anything about coulsdon sixth form college
Erm, idk it’s a good school I’ve heard loads about it so I decided to Apply and I didn’t wanna go anywhere to far from my school now,
Regarding coulsdon, it’s a good sixthform/college a couple of my friends have applied there, but I don’t know too much about it
Erm, idk it’s a good school I’ve heard loads about it so I decided to Apply and I didn’t wanna go anywhere to far from my school now,
Regarding coulsdon, it’s a good sixthform/college a couple of my friends have applied there, but I don’t know too much about it

Oh okay thank u :smile: if u could plz ask them if they know anything about coulsdon??
So I just asked a couple of my friends, one of them said it was a good school and that they offer a wide range of subjects and that you can do both alevels and btecs at the same time so that’s good
But my other friends turned down the offer, mostly due to the fact that they want to go to a sixthform connected to a school and they said it’s ‘mediocre’
So I just asked a couple of my friends, one of them said it was a good school and that they offer a wide range of subjects and that you can do both alevels and btecs at the same time so that’s good
But my other friends turned down the offer, mostly due to the fact that they want to go to a sixthform connected to a school and they said it’s ‘mediocre’

Thank u! Do uno what makes them say it’s mediocre plz?
They mean that it’s not amazing and it’s not bad, the grades produced by the school are good but not outstanding, and there are some good friends, but if you’re aiming to go to the best schools it wouldn’t be at the top
They mean that it’s not amazing and it’s not bad, the grades produced by the school are good but not outstanding, and there are some good friends, but if you’re aiming to go to the best schools it wouldn’t be at the top

Oh okay so it’s about the grades produced. Okay thank u!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending