The Student Room Group

Phobias and fears?

Hi guys! What are your phobias and fears? Mine are spiders, clowns and heights. Oh, and creepy dolls. :biggrin: :angelwings:

Scroll to see replies

Heights, my body just absolutely freaks out 😂 Insects just creep me out with their horrible legs and how they move but I'm not really scared of them as a shoe always solves that problem easily.
Original post by ElNiñoo
Heights, my body just absolutely freaks out 😂 Insects just creep me out with their horrible legs and how they move but I'm not really scared of them as a shoe always solves that problem easily.

I went abseiling a few years ago and I literally cried. I refuse to go anywhere near spiders, even with a shoe. I need full gear protection. :biggrin: :angelwings:
Reply 3
Dogs are my biggest problem, I'm basically a prisoner.
Public speaking.
Spiders.
Heights.
Original post by Bio 7
Dogs are my biggest problem, I'm basically a prisoner.
Public speaking.
Spiders.
Heights.

I don't like speaking in public either :angelwings:
I've thought of another one: meeting new people (in person) :angelwings:
Original post by Psychotic Angel
I went abseiling a few years ago and I literally cried. I refuse to go anywhere near spiders, even with a shoe. I need full gear protection. :biggrin: :angelwings:

You are afraid of heights and you went abseiling 🤔 or was that the day you realised you really don't like heights? I remember one time where I went to crush a big spider with a shoe and I some how missed. Both me and the spider freaked out 😂 it was funny, I got it with the second attempt though.
Reply 7
Heights, crowds of people, but also becoming any stupidest or uglier than what I currently am. I feel that the last two are probably my biggest fear and the ones that cause me the most worry
Original post by ElNiñoo
You are afraid of heights and you went abseiling 🤔 or was that the day you realised you really don't like heights? I remember one time where I went to crush a big spider with a shoe and I some how missed. Both me and the spider freaked out 😂 it was funny, I got it with the second attempt though.

I went abseiling to try and confront my fear. :biggrin: It failed. :angelwings:
Original post by Rose992
Heights, crowds of people, but also becoming any stupidest or uglier than what I currently am. I feel that the last two are probably my biggest fear and the ones that cause me the most worry

You are NOT stupid or ugly. :h: :angelwings:
I feel like that's everyone's worst but unknown fear, like getting bad results or being too stupid for the job they want. As well as everyone's doubted their looks before and wanted to look better so looking any worse is a fear. I made it sound super shallow before tho
Original post by Rose992
I feel like that's everyone's worst but unknown fear, like getting bad results or being too stupid for the job they want. As well as everyone's doubted their looks before and wanted to look better so looking any worse is a fear. I made it sound super shallow before tho

No you didn't. I guess that it is everyone's worst fear. I always think I'm fat. :angelwings:
I went abseiling to try and confront my fear. :biggrin: It failed. :angelwings:

I think you just have to keep at it to conquer a fear 😂 I'll never get rid of my fear of heights as I love lazing around too much 😬
I don't have any phobias, but I am very scared of spiders, other things with more than 4 legs and things that buzz and/or fly
Original post by ElNiñoo
I think you just have to keep at it to conquer a fear 😂 I'll never get rid of my fear of heights as I love lazing around too much 😬

Lol. I just did an adventure week. I did the first part of the high ropes, barely. I did one and a half bars of jacobs ladder. :rolleyes: :angelwings:
Original post by DrawTheLine
I don't have any phobias, but I am very scared of spiders, other things with more than 4 legs and things that buzz and/or fly

What about a five-legged dog? :angelwings:
What about a five-legged dog? :angelwings:

Is it a good doggo?
Is it a good doggo?

Oui! :h: :angelwings:
Oui! :h: :angelwings:

I think I'll be able to play a good game of fetch with our 5 legged friend :u:
I think I'll be able to play a good game of fetch with our 5 legged friend :u: