The Student Room Group

Organizing notes

So I use a laptop in my English lessons but my teacher isn't great and he never gives us time to get proper notes written down. By the end of each lesson my notes are a complete mess and when I try to revise from them I just get stressed and give up. Does anyone have any advice for how I can organize my notes. If it makes any difference, I need help with the notes for Macbeth and Poetry.
Reply 1
Original post by TJ_
So I use a laptop in my English lessons but my teacher isn't great and he never gives us time to get proper notes written down. By the end of each lesson my notes are a complete mess and when I try to revise from them I just get stressed and give up. Does anyone have any advice for how I can organize my notes.

Can you record what your teacher is saying in class and then organise the notes later?
Reply 2
Original post by Nessuno
Can you record what your teacher is saying in class and then organise the notes later?

Sadly not, he refuses to record his lessons or let us record them and also refuses to go over any work again!
If you use PowerPoints or something, can’t he even email them to you or upload them somewhere for students to see?
Reply 4
Original post by OR321
If you use PowerPoints or something, can’t he even email them to you or upload them somewhere for students to see?

Nope, if anyone asks he just says "no" in a disgusted tone. Me and other students have complained about him but nothing has been done so we have to take it into our own hands.
Reply 5
I got 9 at GCSE and to help revise poetry, you should make a table with all the poems down one side and different topics/themes along the top (I did OCR conflict so I did: nature, war, culture, hostility, religion, punishment, death/violence, impact of conflict) and then tick the themes that each poem covers and that you can talk about in an essay. Find out which poems have the most ticks and learn those fully. I only learnt 3 poems which were versatile. Obviously you should know the others roughly but make sure you fully know a few and can write about whatever the question is :smile: I don’t know what to do about your teacher though you might have to make notes from online resources as there are many now
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by liya_36
I got 9 at GCSE and to help revise poetry, you should make a table with all the poems down one side and different topics/themes along the top (I did OCR conflict so I did: nature, war, culture, hostility, religion, punishment, death/violence, impact of conflict) and then tick the themes that each poem covers and that you can talk about in an essay. Find out which poems have the most ticks and learn those fully. I only learnt 3 poems which were versatile. Obviously you should know the others roughly but make sure you fully know a few and can write about whatever the question is :smile: I don’t know what to do about your teacher though you might have to make notes from online resources as there are many now
Attachment not found

Thank you, I will use this for my poems!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending