The Student Room Group

Tell me your future uni routine.

What time will you wake up and sleep?
Will you attend all lectures?
How many hrs of revision are you planning on doing every day?
Original post by Anonymous

I'll wake up and sleep same I do now, around 11pm-7/8am
Yes I typically do attend all lectures. In 3rd year though my timetable is a lot smaller so I have no excuse to not attend all.
I'm not planning on revising until February. I'll have nothing to revise until then, and I'll be busy with doing assignments instead.
Reply 2
wake up around 7 sleep at around 23 or 00
attend all lectures
study around 3-5 hours a day

I woke up around 7am, and went to sleep around 11pm.
I attended all my lectures where possible, unless I was ill or judged them to be a repeat of previous content.
I studied at least 1 hour for every hour of contact time I had each day.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I woke up around 7am, and went to sleep around 11pm.
I attended all my lectures where possible, unless I was ill or judged them to be a repeat of previous content.

Please could you explain this in a bit more detail? What/how did you study?

Please could you explain this in a bit more detail? What/how did you study?

This is quite typical advice that lecturers give you during your first few lectures/weeks.

It allows you to keep on top of your knowledge and prepare more thoroughly for assignments and exams, without having to cram everything into the last few weeks of the semester.

I would do independent study by: doing the recommended reading, doing related extra reading, making notes from the reading, looking up definitions of terms/concepts (particularly those I didn't fully understand or were only mentioned in passing during my lectures), planning assignment structures etc.
Reply 6
Original post by PhoenixFortune
This is quite typical advice that lecturers give you during your first few lectures/weeks.

It allows you to keep on top of your knowledge and prepare more thoroughly for assignments and exams, without having to cram everything into the last few weeks of the semester.

I would do independent study by: doing the recommended reading, doing related extra reading, making notes from the reading, looking up definitions of terms/concepts (particularly those I didn't fully understand or were only mentioned in passing during my lectures), planning assignment structures etc.

I am curious to know what your weekly timetable was like :smile:
I am curious to know what your weekly timetable was like :smile:

It varied by year (as the years went on I had less and less contact time), but on average I had around 18 contact hours per week. Keep in mind that I did an allied health course, and these tend to be very contact hour-heavy.
I typically go to bed anywhere between 9-11pm, attend all lectures, and don't revise daily.
Reply 9
I was going to bed at 3 or 4 and getting up 90 mins before I needed to be in a lecture. I pretty much did read and re-read every day, that's probably why I'm now an expert on the stuff I am an expert on—loads of reading

Quick Reply

Latest