The Student Room Group

Muslim going to a Catholic College?

When I went for my interview the teacher said it’s 30% catholics and wen I went for an open day i didn’t see that many Muslim or rarely sooo
Will it feel weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sannah 21
When I went for my interview the teacher said it’s 30% catholics and wen I went for an open day i didn’t see that many Muslim or rarely sooo
Will it feel weird?

Probably yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't make a fresh breast of it! Make sure you get a new hat though.
I know alot of Muslims go to a Catholic school, it's called Notre Dame, they ejoy studying there
Reply 3
Original post by EmperorTortoise
Probably yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't make a fresh breast of it! Make sure you get a new hat though.

Wdym?!
it’s fine as long as you are not socially influenced or religiously pressured by the amount of one sided diversity.
i know some Muslims who go to a catholic school. the percentage was high though and depending how strong iman you have, it can change your behaviour towards your own religion.
Wdym?!

Make sure you buy yourself a branded bucket hat before you go.
Reply 7
Original post by EmperorTortoise
Make sure you buy yourself a branded bucket hat before you go.

No
Will it feel weird?

70% not catholic then
Reply 9
Original post by squeakysquirrel
70% not catholic then

😂
So I have nothing to worry about then
😂

Hey - catholics not so bad - I married one! They like their smells and their bells but they are kind people
😂

The biggest issue is I can see is that if your Imaan is weak then I do not advise going to a religious school other than an Islamic school.
Also, it would not be permissible to take part in any religious festivals/activities outside of Islam.

However, if your imaan is strong and you are not pressured to take part in Catholic festivals/ prayers and such then why not?
Reply 12
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Hey - catholics not so bad - I married one! They like their smells and their bells but they are kind people

I have nothing against catholics! Sorry if i have that impression
I was just wondering how it is for a Muslim to be there
Reply 13
Original post by -Quava-
The biggest issue is I can see is that if your Imaan is weak then I do not advise going to a religious school other than an Islamic school.
Also, it would not be permissible to take part in any religious festivals/activities outside of Islam.

However, if your imaan is strong and you are not pressured to take part in Catholic festivals/ prayers and such then why not?

Ofc I won’t take part in their prayers wtf?
I’m a Muslim and I’ll stick to being a Muslim
So while they do their prayers what should Muslims do? Just sit there? Maybe we’ll be taken somewhere else...
I have nothing against catholics! Sorry if i have that impression
I was just wondering how it is for a Muslim to be there

Oh no not intending any insult... I work with so many different people that we mock, chastise, ridicule religion. NHS - my colleagues are from all walks off life and we learn from each other - makes us more tolerant
So while they do their prayers what should Muslims do? Just sit there? Maybe we’ll be taken somewhere else...

I go to a Church of England school and I usually just sit there. I guess you can ask to be taken somewhere else.
Reply 16
Original post by Obolinda
I go to a Church of England school and I usually just sit there. I guess you can ask to be taken somewhere else.

Kl thanks!
Reply 17

You will pretty much just sit there (its boring as hell). Everyone will be required to partake in all activities, but they will definitely not force you to pray or anything, most catholic school are quite respectful of it and will just require you to also be respectful during those activities.
Reply 18
Original post by kkboyk
You will pretty much just sit there (its boring as hell). Everyone will be required to partake in all activities, but they will definitely not force you to pray or anything, most catholic school are quite respectful of it and will just require you to also be respectful during those activities.

Ok kl
Thanks for the reply!
Reply 19
I’m completely respectful
Dw x
Like I won’t treat them differently or something
Those things don’t even matter to me like wtf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending