The Student Room Group

Who on earth thought lemon would make a good sweet.

It is the most disappointing pick when you take your hand out of the sweet packet, even lime is better, and lime isn't good either.

When will people understand that the best fruits to be made into sweets are cherry, raspberry, apple, blackcurrant and black grape.

Anything else like orange is an abomination.

Scroll to see replies

vehemently disagree:angry:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda
vehemently disagree

Reply 3
Unpopular opinion: all sweets are disgusting. Fight me.
Original post by The Mogg
Unpopular opinion: all sweets are disgusting. Fight me.

Majority of them are, some are alright but I'd never buy a sweet as a snack.
Citrus flavoured sweets:ahee::lovedup:
It wasn't a person on Earth who thought that; an alien dropped loads and loads of these "sweets" and it was just too cheap for sweet companies to not provide. Making it the idle solution for cheap sweets.
tf lemon and orange sweets are nice af
Reply 8
It's to stop scurvy. Learn your history.
What sweets are lemon flavoured? I can't think of any
Innit
Original post by NotNotBatman
What sweets are lemon flavoured? I can't think of any

Sherbet lemons?
Original post by Bill Nye
Sherbet lemons?

Never heard of those, so I can't give an opinion yet.
Apple sweets are the best and are vastly underrated. I'm not talking about the sour apple because that's disgusting but one of my favourite sweets are those apple flavoured crocodiles you generally find in the 5p sweets in an off-license.
one very early memory is when Rowtree's fruit pastilles did a special edition with flavours like gooseberry, white grape and watermelon. i can still remember how unique the gooseberry tasted, twas amazing
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
It is the most disappointing pick when you take your hand out of the sweet packet, even lime is better, and lime isn't good either.

When will people understand that the best fruits to be made into sweets are cherry, raspberry, apple, blackcurrant and black grape.

Anything else like orange is an abomination.

nah blackcurrant is most disappointing
Descend from "ancient medicinal lozenges" apparently. Still f*cking vile though.
It's annoying when you eat a yellow sweet hoping for banana and it's ****ing lemon. :yucky:
I love lemon flavour. It's the most refreshing fruit flavour imo.
My favourite flavours are: cherry, strawberry, apple, chilli sweets and fizzy cola bottles.
All things citrus and I do not get along.
The horrifying lemon, orange, grapefruit and lime- all conspiring together to ruin my enjoyment of sweets. :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest