The Student Room Group

UCL application for Economics and statisitcs

Do you think my GCSE is good enough for UCL?
3 A *
4 A
2 B
1 C
Doing Math FM and Eco for A level
Predicted A* A* A
Original post by abshah123456
Do you think my GCSE is good enough for UCL?
3 A *
4 A
2 B
1 C
Doing Math FM and Eco for A level
Predicted A* A* A

Check carefully as many universities do not accept Further Maths as a 3rd A level but only as a 4th.
For UCL it stats "A* in Mathematics required. Further Mathematics preferred. If you are studying both then the A* can be in either subject."
Also i got a 4/C for German can that really affect my application for UCL ??X
Original post by Simbasoul
Check carefully as many universities do not accept Further Maths as a 3rd A level but only as a 4th.

For UCL it stats "A* in Mathematics required. Further Mathematics preferred. If you are studying both then the A* can be in either subject."

Check UCL language requirements. Can’t remember if the top of my head whether they need a 4 or a 5 in a foreign language. Basically if you come to UCL, you must achieve a certain grade( a pass) in a modern foreign language or if you don’t, they force you to take a language module. Because a pass is now essentially split into a lower pass(4) and a higher pass(5), best thing to do is email them or check requirements which can be found online
hey thanks for replying all
If you dont pass the gcse requirements for the language then they make you take it when you enroll.
But the question im reaally concerned about is.. is my gcse okay for eco and stats?/
Original post by DJWatson
Check UCL language requirements. Can’t remember if the top of my head whether they need a 4 or a 5 in a foreign language. Basically if you come to UCL, you must achieve a certain grade( a pass) in a modern foreign language or if you don’t, they force you to take a language module. Because a pass is now essentially split into a lower pass(4) and a higher pass(5), best thing to do is email them or check requirements which can be found online

If you dont pass the gcse requirements for the language then they make you take it when you enroll.
But the question im reaally concerned about is.. is my gcse okay for eco and stats?/

To put it bluntly, your GCSEs are a bit low for UCL (you have to consider it’s got some of the most talented privately educated students for across the world), but a-levels matter waaaay more. Get good a levels, write a strong personal statement and you’re in
To put it bluntly, your GCSEs are a bit low for UCL (you have to consider it’s got some of the most talented privately educated students for across the world), but a-levels matter waaaay more. Get good a levels, write a strong personal statement and you’re in

thanks bro,

IS 5 A* 2A 2 B AND a C
better ??
IS 5 A* 2A 2 B AND a C
better ??

Yes but very negligible difference overall

Quick Reply

Latest